Vol. 2 Ch. 20 The Packaged Puppy

Yang's POV

I woke up with my head on my boyfriend's bare chest. I kissed his neck and said, "Hey, sweetie, time to get up." He groaned and mumbled, "5 more minutes..." I giggled and decided that I'd wake him up when Ruby got back. I kissed him on the forehead and climbed down from the bed. I got dressed and found a package by the door. I picked it up and saw that it was from Dad. I think I'll open it when Ruby gets back, I thought.

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Zwei sleeping on top of a sleeping Chibi Y/N)

As soon as Ruby got back, I woke up Y/N and said, "Get up, hot stuff, you need to get ready for today." He yawned and said, "Fine, but only because I know what's in the package from your dad." I smiled at him and said, "Well, then hurry up and get dressed!" He smiled, get dressed, and came back over to me.
Then Ruby asked, "What's that?" Yang replied, "I don't know yet. Dad sent it to us, thought we could open it together." Ruby's face lit up as she said, "Oh yay, something from home!" Then Ruby zips over to Yang and tries to get the package from her. But it accidentally opens up, revealing it to be a cylinder of fur. Then the cylinder opens up, revealing it to be a small dog. The dog barks, causing Ruby and Yang to act squeal in excitement, while Weiss and Blake screamed in shock. I smiled and said, "It's the intelligent ball of fluff!" Ruby said, "Zwei!!" Blake asked, "He sent a dog?" Then Weiss added, "In the mail?" Then Yang replied, "Oh, he does stuff like this all the time." Weiss asked, "Your father, or your dog?"
Blake has already climbed to her top bunk, staying away from Zwei as much as possible. Weiss gets closer to the dog, as she eyes it in curiosity and said, "Wait, are you telling me that this mangy, drooling, mutt is going to wiv with us foreva? Oh yes he is, yes he is! Oh isn't he adorable?!" Then Blake said, "Please keep it away from my belongings." I chuckled and said, "Come on, Blake, he's not going to bite you. Why are scared of a harmless, little corgi?"
Blake doesn't respond, still sitting on her bed away from Zwei. The five of us then heard the intercom turn on. Then Professor Goodwitch stated her announcement, "Would all first-year students please report to the amphitheater?"
Then Weiss said, "Well, we can't exactly leave him here while we're gone for the week." Then Yang said, "Look, there's a letter! Dear girls, I've got to leave the island for a few days, so I'm sending Zwei to you to take care of. Enclosed is all the food you should need. Love you both, Taiyang."
Then Yang lifts the package upside down and cans of dog food spill out, covering Zwei at the bottom. Weiss asked, "What is he supposed to do with that?" Then a can opener fell from the package and bounced off Zwei's head. Yang responded, "Well, that settles it! Come on everyone, Zwei will be here when we get back!"
Weiss started talking to Zwei as she leaves, saying, "Oh, I'll miss you so much, we're going to be best friends, I can't wait to see you." Then her speech deteriorates into unclear baby talk. Then Blake jumps down from Ruby's bunk, and jumps across the table, avoiding Zwei. I followed Yang, Weiss, and Blake out of the room, leaving Ruby to put Zwei in her bag.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.