𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗. A Walk on the Wild Side

A/N: Eva's dress for the Strix Halloween party is above ⬆

┏━━━━━━ •◦⥼⥽•◦ ━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━ •◦⥼⥽•◦ ━━━━━━┛

Evangeline had tears streaming down her face as she cried uncontrollably for the loss of her closest friend, Lucien, was something she never thought she would endure.

She looked out the window, thinking of the first time she had met him and their best moments. Times where he was the only family she could ever need.

Evangeline heard her a slight knock on her door before it was opened quietly, "I said I want to be alone, whoever you are. Leave," She murmured, sighing. Weakness evident in her voice from the amount of tears she had cried.

"Even me, Eva?"

Her eyes widened; Evangeline couldn't believe her ears as she turned around to find him there. In the flesh, "This can't be real...," She muttered, shaking her head. The redheaded girl ran into his arms, as he embraced her and she held onto him, trying to convince herself how real that moment was.

He was there, real and in the flesh, alive.

Well maybe not quite alive but there.

Evangeline's heart left out a beat, she was sure of it, as she looked into his eyes and let the happiness flood through her veins. It was like a drug, intoxicating her when she just saw him, and heard him, and knew he was there and alive.

Lucien's hand was placed on her cheek, and his thumb softly wiped away the tears rolling down on her skin, "I am here, Eva", he spoke and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead.

He pulled back, about to tell her all about what happened to him but before he could, Evangeline pulled his face down to hers and their lips met in a passionate, loving kiss. Lucien was both, shocked and ecstatic to say the least.

The De Martel didn't know what pushed her to it the most, she wasn't even sure if she felt that kind of intimacy towards Lucien. Maybe it was the amount of pain that thought of losing him brought to her or just the relief that ran through her veins once she saw his face again.

She wasn't sure what it was but neither of them complained, they just knew it was right and maybe even real.

✯ ✯ ✯