𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓. A Streetcar Named Desire

┏━━━━━━ •◦⥼⥽•◦ ━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━ •◦⥼⥽•◦ ━━━━━━┛

Freya was pacing around the study while Elijah, looking tense, was standing and watching her, and Evangeline walked in with a tray of hot beverage, smiling at the pair as she placed it on the table, hoping the cups of hot chocolate would ease the tension in the room.

However, Evangeline was proved wrong when no one noticed the drinks and Freya turned, giving her brother an incredulous look, "You daggered Rebekah? And you're just telling me now?"

"I am sure it was the necessary thing, Freya," Evangeline butted in, sighing, "Freeing Rebekah is all we want but we have got too much on our plate, right now."

"She sacrificed herself in order to protect us. And, to protect her, I've told Niklaus and Evangeline, and I'm telling you," Elijah addressed Freya, "No one would have known Rebekah's whereabouts if Aurora had succeeded at taking my life."

"The prophecy says you three will be felled by friend, family, and foe," Freya recited, snapping out of her state.

"Bekah was taken down by family," Evangeline shrugged, continuing.

Freya nodded, turning to her brother, "That leaves friend and foe. You and Klaus have a lot of foes."

"Just one or two."

"Thankfully, not many friends."

Freya said and as if on cue, Klaus walked into the room with Stefan Salvatore in tow, "Freya, Evangeline, this is Stefan Salvatore, an old friend."

Evangeline chuckled at the conveniently timed entrance before raising her eyebrow at the name, looking up at Stefan as the biggest toothy smile turned up on her face, "Oh My God...Stefan!"

The redhead didn't waste a second as she was on her feet, walking up to the Salvatore before she engulfed him in the warmest hug she could ever muster up, missing the confused and comfortable glances from Elijah and Klaus, only one of them not seemingly okay with the greeting gesture.

"Not that I am not absolutely happy," Evangeline pulled away, starting, "But what are you doing here?"

"Long story."

"Well, I am all ears."

✯ ✯ ✯