𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖘𝖎𝖝. Keepers of the House

a/n: Evangeline's outfit for the chapter is above!

┏━━━━━━ •◦⥼⥽•◦ ━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━ •◦⥼⥽•◦ ━━━━━━┛

"Our home. Once the pride of our family, now a flophouse...," Klaus stated with a hint of mockery in his tone as he stepped onto what used to be his family's property.

Elijah chimed in, "Indeed, the mighty have fallen."

"Not exactly the time for this, don't you think?" Rebekah rolled her eyes at the two as Hayley and Evangeline ran inside, the latter holding Hope in her arms as the blonde Mikaelson asked, "Where's Vincent?"

"Right here. Kept my word," The dark-skinned male witch stepped out of the shadows, "Now the only question is whether or not you guys are gonna keep yours. As soon as I'm finished healing your kid, you got to leave the city."

Klaus scoffed, shaking his head, "Well, we're not gonna stay, are we? Your city has lost its charm."

Evangeline shook her head at him, turning to Vincent, "We will leave the city as soon as we know Hope's fine. Now please, help her."

Elijah crossed his arms, adding, "Just give us what we need, and we will do so, happily."

"Excuse me," Vincent started as Hayley and Evangeline made room for him to sit beside Hope, crows started squawking aloud as the witch chanted, "Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a..."

Soon enough, Hope fluttered her eyes open, looking for any familiar faces, "Mom?... Auntie Ev?"

Vincent stepped aside, stating as Hayley pulled Hope into her arms, "That's it. Your little girl's purified."

"Thank you," The Original Hybrid thanked, seeming very grateful for what Vincent Griffith had done. It truly seemed like one of those moments that never come true twice, only once.

The Griffith man nodded, asking, "Now look, the only gratitude I need from any of you is seeing you leave the city."

Evangeline smiled at Hope, rubbing her back before she tilted her head towards where Klaus stood, "Go see your daddy."

She smiled, making her way over to her father before a crow squawked once again and a dead one fell from the sky. Hope turned around as they all began to follow from the sky and die around her, "What is this?"