𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊. A Spirit Here That Won't Be Broken

a/n: Evangeline's outfit for the chapter is above!

┏━━━━━━ •◦⥼⥽•◦ ━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━ •◦⥼⥽•◦ ━━━━━━┛

Evangeline was treated like a princess long ago when she was just a fragile innocent human. However, she wasn't free. Her father's expectations of her and rules grounded her to a point where she felt like suffocating.

Turning into a vampire was a game-changer. No more Count de Martel to say what is appropriate to do and what is not. It didn't last long though, she couldn't live without knowing her siblings were okay and with one swift decision, Count de Martel's place was taken over by Tristan who might have been a little more understanding but just as controlling.

Then she left him and it felt like her life couldn't be better. Evangeline wasn't made to be someone's plaything or the person to be bossed around. Remembering those days made her blood boil.

So, now, you have a pretty good idea of how she felt looking at the Hollow with an unreadable expression on her face and her arms folded together.

"What is it that you need, then? Are we to handle your errands? Or your laundry?" Kol asked the old witch as he came to a stand beside the red-haired vampire.

"It's actually quite simple. I have long wanted to be mortal, but now that I am alive, I can die," She started before turning to Evangeline, "In fact, you and his family are relentless in your quest to kill me."

"You are a bitch and not the good kind so can you really blame me?" Evangeline shrugged her shoulders before huffing out, "Look, if you want me to stand down. Easy, done. But you stay back."

"As for my family, that ship has sailed, darling," Kol stated.

Inadu shook her head, "I have my own protection spell, cast in the form of a totem. You will safeguard my totem until I'm done with your family," She exchanged a look with the two vampires, "If you falter, if any harm comes my way, Davina will suffer with me."

✯ ✯ ✯

Evangeline and Kol walked out of the church as she claimed, "I don't trust her."

"That's probably the smartest thing you could do."

She halted, "Kol, I need to tell you something," He turned to her, raising an eyebrow, "We already know that the Hollow wants power. As much power as possible."