𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓. No More Heartbreaks

a/n: evangeline's outfit for the chapter is above ⬆

┏━━━━━━ • ◦⥼⥽ • ◦ ━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━ • ◦⥼⥽ • ◦ ━━━━━━┛

Instead of waking up with a smile on her face, considering last night's declarations, Evangeline woke up to the sound of distinct shouts of help. She couldn't identify the voice at first but by the time she got out of bed, it was clear that the voice belonged to Camille O'Connell.

"Camille! Camille!" Evangeline called out, descending the stairs in a hurry as she took in Camille's state, the blonde was clutching her arm, her face looking very noticeably pale, "What happened?" She questioned as Klaus walked up to the two of them.

Camille took a deep breath, "Something happened and you're going to be angry, but Lucien wants you to be angry. He's trying to lure you into a trap."

"What did he do?"

"He...he bit me," Camille revealed as the redhead's eyes widened, watching the bartender pull up her sleeve to show the opened injury.

She sighed, thinking over her supposed responses to that fact, "Uh..it's going to be okay. Yeah..uh, look there has to be a cure, nothing supernatural isn't curable or irreversible so you just try to stay comfortable until we figure this out, yeah."

"We should get you blankets, they are in that...uh, drawer? And pillows, yeah," Evangeline nodded to herself, inhaling sharply, "You just need to stay calm."

Camille controlled a cough, a small laugh escaping her, "As someone who is going to die today, I would say I am a lot calmer than you."

"Your humour is intact, see? Not dying today," Evangeline responded before looking over at Klaus, "So, you will stay with her and I will go get those blankets I was ranting about," She stated, leaving no room for a reply before she made her way across the room in a hurry.

She opened all of the drawers quickly, biting on her lips as she let the effects of the truth dawn on her and allowed any form of self-blame to settle in. Somewhere deep down, Evangeline had a theory where all of that was her fault for what she said to Lucien, had she accepted him maybe Camille wouldn't be on the brink of death, again.

Lucien. Evangeline stopped looking for the blankets', letting out a long breath before taking a wary look at the first floor, assuming Klaus had already put Camille in a room before she sprinted upstairs to change her clothes and take on her, considerably, most irrational plan.