𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖔𝖓𝖊. Give 'Em Hell Kid

a/n: evangeline's dress for the funerals is on the left and her outfit for the rest of the day is on the right !

┏━━━━━━ • ◦⥼⥽ • ◦ ━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━ • ◦⥼⥽ • ◦ ━━━━━━┛

Attending two funerals in one day, knowing that yours could have been on the same day wasn't a picnic itself. Evangeline was in no mood for a party so she chose to attend Davina's funeral first, knowing that Camille's funeral was an Irish Wake.

The redhead sighed, putting down the bouquet in front of Davina's tomb before she stepped back beside Kol, letting Vincent continue, "Say not in grief that she is no more, but be thankful that she ever was and though she was taken far too soon, may her enduring light show us a way through this darkness."

"Let us mourn as we cannot move on until we do. And though the pain may at times seem like more than we can bare, make no mistake, we will move on," He continued, looking over at Davina's tomb, "And even now, the words of Ecclesiasticus are ringing in my ears, they're saying vengeance as a lion shall lie in wait for them."

Josh then stepped forward, "A while ago, forever ago, I told Davina a story about my first boyfriend but what I didn't tell her was that I had never shared that story with anyone else," He paused, taking a deep breath, "She was like a sister and a best friend and I loved her. I wish that... uh..."

He sighed, shaking his head as he took a step back, Vincent looked at Kol expectantly, awaiting him to say something before Kol shook his head, "I'm sorry, I can't."

Evangeline patted his shoulder, squeezing it in assurance as her eyes fell over Marcel, pain was written all over his face, and knowing him, in the little time she did, that didn't seem like a good sign.

She leaned forward pressing a small kiss on Kol's cheek before walking up to Marcel, "Would you mind a word?"

Evangeline was all for awaiting his answer but knowing it wouldn't be in her favor, she just slung her arm in his and lead the way, "You respected my choice and you didn't tell anyone that I was dying or it could have been three funerals today...in return, I couldn't save Davina," She sighed, looking down at her feet, "She was gone too early and she was too young for any of this."

"Oh, you shouldn't be the one apologizing—"

"—Marcel, I know that you are angry and you have every right to be angry but don't act upon that," She interjected, advising, "I have been around for a long time and I have seen people channel every kind of emotion, the worst would be anger."