𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖙𝖜𝖔. The Bloody Crown

┏━━━━━━ • ◦⥼⥽ • ◦ ━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━ • ◦⥼⥽ • ◦ ━━━━━━┛

Evangeline sighed, folding the last blouse in her wardrobe before laying it in her bag and closing off the gray bag. She was making her way to empty her bathroom of her hair and beauty products before she received a call and stopped to answer the phone.

"Hello? Who is this?"

"Are you Evangeline de Martel?" The speaker on the other line questioned as she heard the sound of some words being scribbled on a paper.

"That would be me," She answered, taking her products and towel out of the bathroom's drawers, "Who are you and what do you want?"

"I am Grayson, Mr. Lucien Castle's attorney...," The redhead frowned in confusion as she stopped filling up her bags, letting Grayson continue, "I couldn't reach him for the past few days and he had placed your number in under emergencies only."

Evangeline murmured lowly as she rubbed the back of her neck, "Uh...Mr. Lucien is dead...So, you should probably look for a new boss. Bye—"

"—No, wait, Miss Evangeline," He spoke up desperately and the redhead sighed, continuing the call reluctantly, "That is unfortunate news but I need you present to finish a few papers."

"What papers?"

"The ownership, Mr. Lucien left clear instructions that in case anything like this happened, all of the Kingmaker Land Development would be transferred into your name, you are the only heiress."

She pulled the phone away from her ear for ten long seconds as she counted to ten and contemplated on what to do, "Look, I am flattered but eh, really thanks and all. Just donate the money. I am sure there are a billion other people in need of all that but I didn't make the list with those other people."

"What about the ownership, Miss?"

"Uh, you have business partners, right?" Evangeline questioned, tying her hair up as she put the phone on speaker on her dresser.

"Of course we do."

"Great then sell the ownership and the money you get, donate it as well. Problem solved. Nice talking to you, Grayson," She smiled, tightening the band around her hair before she ended the call with a long sigh.