𝖙𝖊𝖓. A Ghost Along the Mississippi

┏━━━━━━ •◦⥼⥽•◦ ━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━ •◦⥼⥽•◦ ━━━━━━┛

"So not only did I wake up to that weird Christmas present from my villainous barbarian brother but my favourite human is leaving the human community to either the vampires' one or that of the dead," Evangeline summed up, looking from Elijah to Klaus before she sipped on her black coffee, "Fantastique."

"I am sure we could deal with this," Elijah looked to the redhead as he continued, "As soon as we know she is fine, how is she?" He asked Klaus.

"She has just risen from the dead. As soon as she feeds, her mood will change for the better," Klaus assured them quietly as though he was assuring himself, Evangeline placed her empty cup on the table, rising to her feet to stand beside Elijah as she waited for the plan, already in the mood to kill.

Klaus walked toward them, and his tone turned furious as he changed the subject to their enemies, "In the meantime, these attacks need to be answered! Our retribution must be swift, and it must be brutal!"

"Agreed. After the Serratura has been recovered," Elijah agreed, sighing in frustration as he threw his coat on the chair, "Freya's pendant is also missing."

"And Finn's mystical essence along with it," Klaus rolled his eyes, growling out, "So let the imbecile stay lost!"

"Our business for today is to finish off the de Martels!" He stated, yelling out as Evangeline raised her eyebrows, taken back by the tone of his voice.

"No exceptions?" She clicked her tongue, her hands behind her back, her weight shifting from one foot to another, "I am pretty sure I am the de Martel's black sheep so..."

Klaus turned to her, growling out, "This is not the time, Evangeline! You know what I mean."

"Yeah, loud and clear," She forced a sickeningly sweet grin, "Maybe an itty bitty too loud for my liking."

Elijah said, addressing both of them softly as an attempt to calm them, "Now, brother, think. Think. Tristan needs the most powerful witch in the city to activate that weapon. A Regent."

"Vincent," Klaus realized, sneering out as he rushed toward the door to leave, "Who was once possessed by Finn--" He continued but cut himself off as both Evangeline and Elijah stop him, grabbing either of his arms.

"You stay here, we will handle it," Evangeline patted his shoulder as Elijah made his way to the door, "Don't repeat your mistakes."