𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖙𝖜𝖔. Phantomesque

a/n: Eva's outfit for the chapter is above!

┏━━━━━━ •◦⥼⥽•◦ ━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━ •◦⥼⥽•◦ ━━━━━━┛

Evangeline sat in her bedroom, reading one of her favorite books as she tried not to focus on the commotion going on downstairs. She promised herself not to interfere whether with good or bad. All she had to do was sit that one out, easy enough.

"Rebekah and Kol just landed."

Okay, that, now that one matters enough to know. Maybe it could get better enough around here.

Evangeline didn't admit it to herself but she tried to forgive Elijah, for Klaus' sake. She truly did but it wasn't a button. Then she told herself that if Klaus really knew her, loved her then he would understand that she would never be able to get over it quickly. He, himself, has been on the other end where she just couldn't stand his presence or voice but he wasn't sure if Elijah had a thousand years to make up for that as he did.

A while had passed before Kol and Rebekah arrived at the Compound. Evangeline pulled herself off the couch, reminded herself that she wasn't the girl who sat down and sulked with books, as inviting and comforting as it was.

"All right! Chitchat's over. Can we slaughter someone now?"

"Ah, of course. After a hug, maybe?" Evangeline shrugged her shoulders walking into the study. She grinned when Kol turned to her, "You pig, you don't call that much," He returned her smile before moving over to embrace her.

She blew a kiss for Rebekah, mouthing, I missed you. The blonde nodded, mouthing, Me too. Evangeline patted Kol's back before pulling away as Klaus cleared his throat, "Well, after the warm greeting. Let's get to it."

"We need to destroy the weapons that give our enemy their advantage—"

Evangeline interjected, "Just to be clear before you continue, I am helping for Kol and Rebekah, not you or the grey guy lying in that coffin."

She pretended that his pained expression did not affect her as Kol chuckled, "Oh, uh, trouble in paradise?"

"There was no paradise, to begin with," Evangeline said before folding her arms together to finish, "Anyways, he was trying to say that one scratch from the rosebush is lethal to you three."