𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓. An Old Friend Calls

┏━━━━━━ •◦⥼⥽•◦ ━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━ •◦⥼⥽•◦ ━━━━━━┛

Evangeline didn't know how it could be possible for someone to abandon or entirely ignore those they claim to care about, it was something she was sure that she would never do as it had happened to her on many occasions.

Although her siblings consider her to be the one who abandoned them, Evangeline tells the story in a different way. She left them when she became a vampire as she needed to find herself, accept herself and it was okay for her to take as much time as needed. They couldn't understand, seeing as Aurora and Tristan had always been closer, being the older ones who were more likely to take after their father.

Even if Aurora wouldn't have taken after the Count, she was expected to find a fitting man and be a Queen. While every time Evangeline talked about a suiter that she had met, her father would pass her a disappointed look and tell her that she would never tell the difference between an honorable man and someone who cleans the streets, their streets.

It was a nightmare to be caring in a county where all that mattered was the happiness and satisfaction of the leaders.

The redhead shook the nostalgic feeling off of her, getting back to her book. She didn't know what resurfaced those feelings, could it have been her abandoning Tristan or craving to decorate the empty wall beside her window with Aurora's heart.

Or the fact that she had been avoiding Klaus as much as she can. No one could blame her really, she claimed to hate him and yet she kissed him plus his actions weren't ones a girl could pass by with a kiss. He didn't step on her foot, he forced vampirism upon her, something that she learned to like but Evangeline would have appreciated having control over the path her life takes, even if it was to end it.

Once again she was pulled out of her train of thoughts but instead of falling back into a new one, Evangeline looked up to find Klaus standing at her door, clearing his throat. "Come in," She muttered, sitting her book down at the nightstand.

"I am actually going out now so whatever is you wanted to say, just say it later," Evangeline said, walking up to her dresser's chair as she took her red coat and put it on quicky, "I will just get coffee, should I get you some?"

"It's okay, I will come with you."

Evangeline really did want to tell him that it would be better if he didn't come along but better for who? It was not like she hated being around him, she just did know what to say after their latest incident and it would have bipolar of her to randomly go back to insulting him at every encounter.