𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊. Savior

┏━━━━━━ •◦⥼⥽•◦ ━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━ •◦⥼⥽•◦ ━━━━━━┛

Christmas was with no doubt Evangeline's favorite holiday of the whole year although she never got a chance to spend it with family, she had the audacity to cherish the day with a mug of hot chocolate with a few drops of blood.

This time it was a tad different ( well, more than a tad ), Evangeline was finally getting along with the Mikaelsons. She seemed to have started on a good page with Freya, although it wasn't nearly as good as her friendship with Rebekah. Elijah never had any troubles with her and he was rather welcoming and polite.

Camille, the newest guest, seemed to be warming up to Evangeline on her own terms. They talked for a few hours every once in a while about their mutual interest in human psychology as Evangeline tried to prove to the human that she was nothing like her sister.

As for Klaus...well, Evangeline had gotten off the weird insults and back to his real name. She didn't exactly spend much time in his company, her sister's words always replaying themselves in the back of her mind.

On the morning of Christmas, Evangeline stood by the Christmas tree, putting on the last touches, "Christmas is your favorite?" Camille asked, standing behind the redhead with two cups of hot chocolate and marshmallows in hand.

"Ah, yes," Evangeline sighed, nodding before she turned to the blonde, taking her mug from her, "I never had a happy one...so I am hoping for the best this year."

"Mhm," Camille hummed, nodding as she drank up the hot beverage. She watched with equal parts of curiosity, horror, and exasperation as a compelled woman drained blood from a cut on the palm of her hand into a wine glass as she gave Evangeline a confused glance"Do you guys, like, pay her?"

Evangeline chuckled but didn't get a chance to reply as the blood donor smiled at both girls cheerfully and Klaus waltzed into the room and answered her question, "Handsomely! And with a generous Christmas bonus." He looked over at the woman, who gave him the glass of her blood, "Isn't that right?"

In response, the woman smiled weakly with a nod before leaving as Klaus smirked at Camille and Evangeline smiled faintly, settling on the couch and moving some of the cushions away.

"So, you just compel her to nod and agree with whatever you say?" Camille concluded, questioningly.

Klaus corrected, "I compel her to feed me... and to help Evangeline with hanging the occasional Christmas ornament," He smiled, shrugging, "She can say whatever the hell she wants."