𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞. Voodoo in My Blood

a/n: Evangeline's outfit for the chapter is above!

┏━━━━━━ •◦⥼⥽•◦ ━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━ •◦⥼⥽•◦ ━━━━━━┛

Evangeline de Martel always held her older brother in a high place, the one who never made mistakes, who was supposed to protect her from all the bad things and keep a smile on her face.

Turned out that such reliance wasn't meant for her family, they threw her out of the equation and Evangeline thought things couldn't get worse. Elijah Mikaelson offered her help, he was there and wanted nothing in return and she appreciated it, very much but one wrong turn and he lost every ounce of respect she had for him.

The thing about Evangeline is, she was quick with her decisions, not caring enough to hear an explanation. If she decided that someone was not worth being in her life anymore then he is not. No matter what that someone tries to do, it won't change her decision. It was just the way she is.

Evangeline descended the stairs, replying over the phone, "A goodbye would have been nice before leaving to the French Rivera, you know."

"Yeah, well, you wouldn't have let me go," Was Kol's reply from the other line with a chuckle.

"True," She smiled, stopping at the end of the stairs, "Just take care of yourself. Oh, and tell Rebekah I said Hi!"

He confirmed so before hanging up, something about getting to a party already. Evangeline shook her head, a smile still on her face before slipping her phone into her jeans' back pocket.

"Hope, good morning," She greeted, walking up to the girl who stood at the end of the room.

Evangeline raised an eyebrow, noticing how taken Hope was as she looked at the Hollow's jaw bone, "Hope, sweetie, what's going on?"

"Auntie Ev," Hope called out, her eyes still attached to the bone, "Can you hear them, too?"

"Hear what?" Evangeline asked as Hayley and Klaus made their way into the room. She turned Hope around to make her stop looking at jaw bone, "Look at me, what are you hearing?"

"What's going on?"

"Voices," The youngest Mikaelson answered, "They said that we're connected to this. Mom and I..."