𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖔𝖓𝖊. Queen Death

a/n: Vangie's outfit for the chapter is above!

┏━━━━━━ •◦⥼⥽•◦ ━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━ •◦⥼⥽•◦ ━━━━━━┛

Evangeline remembered Hayley telling her about convincing Elijah to hand over the dagger that could kill both herself and Marcel to the Gerard, she was feeling slightly safer that way, considering the terms she and Elijah were on; he was the last person she trusted.

She descended the stairs, smiling when she saw the table full of treaties of all kinds as Klaus' gift for Hope as she was the bravest yesterday, jumping in to send Davina back to the Ancestral plane.

"Can I have one?" Evangeline asked, looking at all the delicious pastries. Hope giggled, shaking her head before the redhead shrugged her shoulders, "Well, I will take one anyways."

"I was kidding."

"I know," She smiled at Hope, ruffling her hair before picking a beignet off the plate.

"Did Dad ever tell you the story of his first beignet?" Hope asked, watching Evangeline devour the taste of the rather lumpy-looking, sugar-coated pastry.

Evangeline shook her head, "Nope."

"It's really interesting."

The de Martel raised an eyebrow, squatting down to be on the little girl's height level, "Hmm, do tell."

Hope smiled about to start before Hayley walked up to the three of them, "Good morning," She bent down, placing a kiss on her daughter's head, "I guess apple turnover is fruit," She commented, taking a look at the table full of treats and Evangeline who was through her third beignet already and stood up.

"I was just...you know, helping...She can't possibly finish all that on her own," Evangeline said, noticing Hayley's look before she swallowed the treat, "Don't take that for encouraging because it really isn't."

"Yeah, yeah, I absolutely believe you," Hayley nodded before huffing out. She placed a kiss on Hope's head, "Don't eat too many. You'll get a stomachache."

"Can we talk? Have you seen Elijah?" Hayley and Klaus stood aside as Evangeline ran a hand over her bottom lip and reached out for another treat.

"Can I tell you a secret?" Hope looked up at the redheaded vampire, raising an eyebrow. Evangeline nodded, sitting down again to match the girl's height, "Dad said I am a princess...and they were royalty at a time."