𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞. Where Nothing Stays Buried

┏━━━━━━ • ◦⥼⥽ • ◦ ━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━ • ◦⥼⥽ • ◦ ━━━━━━┛

All her immortal life Evangeline rarely ever thought of being permanently dead. She had abandoned that thought long ago when Klaus saved her. By choosing to cherish and enjoy every moment of her life after leaving her family and the Mikaelsons to make being alive, somehow, worth it.

She had probably done everything that could ever be done but now that she was hours away from death, it felt like she hadn't done a thing in her life, as if she didn't say enough to those she loves like she was too late and what hurts the most, Evangeline couldn't undo that because she would rather suffer and die in silence then let Lucien's plan work out his way.

Her train of thoughts was interrupted when Kol and Marcel suddenly stormed into the compound, looking frightened and completely out of their minds. The redhead's eyes zeroed in on the red colour that stains Kol's shirt, the scent of blood permeating her nostrils. She immediately pressed her fingers against her nose, covering up the scent the best she could before she started to thirst for it, knowing how her control was lying on the thinnest thread.

"Evangeline!" He called, noticing her standing at the top of the staircase. She took in his expression as she helped herself descend the stairs, leaning on the railing for support. His eyes were frantic, nearly even manic. Before she could question him as to what was going on, Kol stammered, "I killed her. I killed Davina."

"What?" She gasped out, her chest rising as she let a quick breath. Evangeline nearly lost her balance before Kol took a hold of her arms, steadying her, "It's okay...I am fine."

"No, you not...what happened to you?" Kol shook his head, inquiring. Just now noticing how pale she had gotten and the sweat forming on her forehead.

"I am fine, Kol," She assured him, pulling his hand off of her arms, "What happened...How did this...," Evangeline trailed off, not knowing the correct words to ask the question.

"The ancestors...they must have hijacked Davina's spell to bring me back," Kol was almost shaking at that point. Evangeline bit her bottom lip, holding in a cough before she patted his shoulder in reassurance, "They hexed me and I couldn't stop, Eva. I couldn't..."

"Hey, it's okay. We will figure it out," Evangeline spoke up soothingly, "Everything will be fine, you just need to get cleaned up and I will get your siblings from upstairs."

"No, look—"

"Kol, just listen to me. Only this once, like...just today. You need to get cleaned up, calm down and it will be fine. I promise," Evangeline gave his a shoulder a gentle reassuring squeeze.