35

The tension in the car is high. Jungkook feels awkward. He knows Tae is partly in the wrong but he can understand why Taehyung is feeling like this.

"Yoongi what Tae just went through was traumatic. Cut him some slack. We will all talk about this with the others later" Jungkook says not feeling like the maknae anymore.

He feels Taehyung going stiff in his arms.

"I'm not joining in on that later" Taehyung says. Then he looks at Jimin. "You can do whatever you like as prison would probably be better than some of the things I have to deal with here"

Yoongi's driving has become rather sharp. It makes Taehyung's stomach churn and he knows he is in deep shit now.

All he wanted to do was act brave so that he felt it. That's not how it works.

"Stop being so fucking stuck up!" Yoongi hisses.
"There's no way I'm talking to you about it. You're just going to biased"
"And Jungkook won't?!"

Taehyung huffs out a deep breath.

"Fine. Neither of you will join in the conversation. I'll only have it with Jin and part of it with Jimin"

Jimin who had been quiet throughout this angered conversation snaps his gaze at Taehyung. Anger like a fire spreads throughout his eyes.

"EXCUSE ME!" He yells. "YOU'RE TELLING JIN EVERYTHING BUT NOT ME?"
"Yeah......"
"BUT I'VE KNOWN YOU FOREVER. JIN HASN'T!"

Taehyung grows annoyed at Jimin's childish behaviour.

'Who is he to decide what I can and can't do? As far as I remember he let me get beaten up in the fight hardly trying to split us up' Taehyung thinks angrily to himself.

Both boys shoot daggers at eachother.

"I'm not going back with you guys" Taehyung says suddenly.

Yoongi slams on the breaks of the car and Taehyung opens the door. He gets out onto the pavement and turns around leaning against the side of the car on hearing his boyfriends voice.

"Tae where are you going?"
"Just get back into the car!" Jimin tells him sternly.
"You're being unreasonable now!" Yoongi says.

That was the last straw for Taehyung.

"You call this unreasonable?" Taehyung asks sarcastically. "I'll tell you what's bloody unreasonable. Being there for my best friend even when the whole school hated him and when he struggled with his mental health but now that I need help he doesn't give a shit and only cares about knowing more than everyone else. That really makes me feel fucking brilliant!"

Once he has said his piece, then he walks away.

Jungkook throws Yoongi and Jimin a dirty look before climbing out of the car.

He looks back at Yoongi and Jimin who look a little guilty not knowing this was how Taehyung felt about the whole situation.

"Probably best not to go after Taehyung although I doubt you would of done anyway. I'll see if I can get him to come home at some point if you care to know"
"Jungkook you know I care loa-"
"Don't! Don't say that" Jungkook cuts him off and holds up his index finger pointing it at Jimin.

Then he goes off walking after Taehyung.

Jimin bursts into tears feeling horrible. He didn't mean to make the situation about himself. He was only trying to do what was best for Tae but he forgot his goals along the way.

"He can't hold you responsible. If you want to go to the police then you can. Don't let Taehyung's petty attention seeking show put you off of what you want" Yoongi says swallowing the lump in his throat.

Jimin glares at Yoongi.

"You don't understand. Taehyung is my best friend. I've got to do right by him and myself. I either lose Taehyung and Daniel or I get my best friend and never have to deal with Daniel again" Jimin says. "And I want my bestie!"

Yoongi thinks about it all in his head.

"Taehyung could tell the police he acted in self defence"
"Taehyung attacked him"
"But was provoked"
"The jury won't see it like that. I'm not losing someone I love to that dickhead"

Yoongi frowns.

"What are you going to do then?"
"Fix things with Tae!"