29

Hyeri

We are now having our dinner, but just me and my sister because our loving parents went on a business trip. It always happens.

I was busy eating my kimchi fried rice and Chicken when Rosie suddenly called me.

"Unnie?"

"Hmmm?" I'm still eating.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Uh'huh.." still chewing.

"Did you knew that I had an accident when I was 10?"

Gulp.... cough! cough! cough!

She immediately took a glass of water and hand to me while rubbing my back.

"Where..cough!..did..cough!..you heard..cough!..that?"

"They told me.."

I went silent.

"So you knew.."

"Rosie I n-"

"Don't worry unnie.. I'm not upset.. I'm ok.. it's just weird and all."

After that..she washed her plate and went on me for a goodnight kiss and went on her room.

The truth is I really knew about Rosies' past and about her friends. Me, Mom, and Dad just decided not to tell her about it. While Rosie is in coma, Mom and I  flew from Australia to Korea. I was 13 at that time and it was my first time to see Rosie and it struck me seeing her with all kinds of tubes and other medical apparatus in her. Her head was plastered and half of the her body was full of bruises. From that moment I promised to protect her and treat her in the best way I can.

I went back from my thoughts when my phone buzzed in alarm.
I checked the time and sighed.
"I need to go Rosie and took care of her..it's dangerous if I leave like that"

So I went on to her room. I was about to knock when I heard a voice singing..

When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom
Let it be

I slowly opened the door of her room.

And in my hour of darkness
She is standing side in front of me
Speaking words of wisdom
Let it be

I walked to her sat beside her.

Let it be, Let it be, Let it be
Oh Let it be
Speaking words of wisdom,
Let it be

She stop playing her guitar.
I gave her something and she took it.

"Can I sleep here baby Rosie?"

"Huh? Why unnie?"

"I just want to.." I didn't want to let her know that I'm scared leaving her by her own.

"Hmmm..ok!"

We settled then and we lay in bed. She took her avocado stuff toy and leaned on me as I stoke her hair. I kissed her forehead goodnight.

"I can't let you go my baby Rosie..I don't know what I'm gonna do if you'll leave me" I held her tightly as if she's gin anywhere. And I fell asleep.