43

Rosie

I slowly opened my eyes as a flash of light caught me. When my vision cleared, all I saw was a room of white. I checked myself.
I had an IV and there is an oxygen tank beside me.

I heard deep breaths not far from me. And I realized it's unnie beside me. Sleeping.

My heart warmed as I saw her hands tangled in mine. I gently stroke her hair that caused her to wake up. She yawned and rubbed her eyes. When she noticed me staring at her. She immediately dive me with a hug. It took me seconds to hear her sobbing.

"Unnie?"

She still sobbing.

"Hey.. unnie"

"D-Don't do t-that again. You s-scared me Rosie"

I closed my eyes. Feeling a huge lump on my throat. This what I don't like about my condition. I don't want everybody to worry. And worst..I don't want unnie to be like this again. I know clearly that she is scared everytime I have my attacks.

It's been two years since we discovered my condition. A weak heart. I was undergone from an operation but they didn't succeed. My heart is too weak.
I only rely on pills and other medication for my everyday living. We don't know how long I'll live. As long as I'm breathing, I make sure to make each day of my life memorable. Well..even though I experienced hell in School.

And unnie is the one taking care of me. Reminds me of my  medication and goes with me in my check'ups. Some times I hesitate to her going with in the clinic. People might recognize her. She's a celebrity for goodness's sake?! But she doesn't listen.

"I know.. I'm sorry unnie.. not gonna happen again."

"You didn't took your pills during that day don't you?! "

"I t-"

"Do you know what is like to see you pale not breathing Chaeyoung?!"

"I'm -"

"You almost gave a heart attack! God! Don't do that again! I ..I don't know what to do..if I lost you"
She said the last sentence as it's a whisper.

"I'm sorry unnie. I didn't know. We were all we busy for the performance and I forgot to take my pills."

She just stared at me and wrap me on her arm. I can feel her breathing heavily. Like she got rid of something on her.

We were talking about what happened when someone knocked.
The door opened and revealed..

Jimin.

He looked at me with concern in his eyes. I can tell he didn't sleep much because of the dark circles on his eyes.
He went on me and gave a hug. Patted my head like puppy.

" How are you Rosie?"

"I-I'm good."

"I brought you guys some  breakfast.". He lifted the bags of food he is handling.

" Thanks Jimin..What have you brought there"
Unnie asked.

He smiled and turned his gaze to me.
"Dumplings"

Unnie chuckled a bit.
"Rosie's favorite. Even though she is in bed..I think she still has the strength to eat that all in just a blink..you know my sister..my chipmunk "

I lifted my brows.

What?! I'm not that kind of an eater!!

Well...

The dumplings look delicious.

"I'll go get something to drink.. I'll be back. Watch her for me Jimin."

"Ok sure"

Unnie went on and left us two behind.

Well..this is awkward. Not for him. But for me.

"Uh..h-how was it going?"

"Huh?" He looked at me questioningly.

I rolled my eyes.
"The confession Ji.. how was it? Did you do what I told you?"

"Oh! y-yeah.. I did! Uh..she said yes Rosie. She finally allowed me and gave me a chance."

"That's good!" I tried to make a happy sound as much as I can. Letting him know I'll support him.

You'll probably be a good actress Rosie..

"But..hey! Why you are not happy?"

He got surprised by my question.
He smiled sadly and shook his head.

"I'm happy Chaeyoung..so so happy..but after the confession I had...this happened.." he sighed.
"I admit.. I got scared the moment I saw you in tubes Rosie."

"I'm sorry" I looked down playing  the small tube in my IV.

"It's ok.. I just don't want  my best buddy in that condition again. Please.. tell me if something happens Rosie. Or you need something. I'm here for you  and you know that. We promised to be by each side no matter what right?"

This time I can't look away at him. He walked towards me and held a fist bump..

"Promise to not make any secrets again"

I smiled at him and nodded.

"Promise"

And we had our best friend fist bump.

Hearing all of those things.
Hearing him care for me as his best friend.
As like a little sister..

Heck..

it's more painful that my heart attack.

____________________________

Little did Rosie know..
Someone outside her room is silently listening all along.

"Why do you have to be so kind Chaeyoung"