5 - Dinner with Dad*

Gideon took a taxi back to her apartment, after her embarrassing moment, she wanted to be alone. Safe inside the taxi, she knew the only one she would see would be the driver. Now that she knew the identity of the handsome Alpha, she prayed she didn't see him again until Monday.

She arrived at her apartment building and made her way inside. She was grateful that Rei loaned her some bedding for the night as she really wanted to rest. It had been a long day and tomorrow would be even longer. Right now she needed to talk to Kenji.

Dialing, Kenji picked up on the second ring.

"Gigi!"

"Kenji, I think I might get fired Monday..."

"What?"

"You heard me."

"Why, what happened?"

"I met Sanada-san."

"Ok? Oh God, what did you do to him?"

"I didn't do anything, I..."

"Out with it Gi!"

"Oh God...I didn't know who he was, I've been running into him like, all day. He was at my dad's office so the last time I saw him.... Ohhhh Kenji-kun!"

"What is it!!"

"I told him since we keep running into each other, the next time I saw him I'd take him out to dinner."

Kenji screamed and dropped the phone. At least Gideon thinks he dropped the phone, its either that or he passed out. Gideon needed him to talk to her to help calm her nervousness. After a few minutes, she heard breathing on the other end.

"Kenji?"

"Shit Gi...what did he say!"

"He just chuckled, I walked off before he could reply."

"He- He chuckled? Sanada-san does NOT chuckle."

"Well he did."

"So what are you going to do?"

"You know me Kenji, I'm gonna go in Monday and own it. I actually meant what I said. I just didn't know I was talking to my boss."

"You are bold Gi. Bold."

"He is pretty damn handsome."

"Gigi!"

"He is! You can not sit there and tell me you haven't noticed!"

"Oh shut up! But you're right."

The two laughed, helping relieve Gideon's stress over the whole thing. They talked for another 2 hours about mindless stuff and the dynamics of the office. Kenji filled her in on who was fine to hang out with and who to avoid. 

"Just so you know Gi, there's someone else that wanted the job. Once she finds out that you're a woman, she will try to give you hell, plus she has the hots for Sanada."

"Ok? I'm sure I'll have no problems dealing with her. She's welcomed to Sanada, I said he was hot, not that I wanted to have his babies Kenji."

"I'm just warning you, keep an eye on her."

"Thanks for warning. Ok I need to shower and change, my dad is taking me to dinner. Love ya babe, see you tomorrow. Bye!"

"Love you beautiful. Bye"

Gideon took a quick shower and dressed for dinner. While waiting for her dad, she researched about Sanada Corp. more. She really wanted to know more about the upcoming building purchase as she remembers hearing something about the development of it and that there were integrity issues with the foundation. She was right. There were concerns raised as the initial stability pillars did not go far enough into the solid bedrock below. After the last substantial earthquake, cracks had developed in the basement level. Looking at pictures, anyone with a keen eye could tell that they had poured a new foundation, 3 inches higher than the previous one. Her background in Structural Engineering told her everything she needed to know, she just hoped that Sanada hadn't signed anything concerning a potential purchase. Now she was excited for Monday to arrive to talk to him about it.