37 - How to Mate a Prime - Correctly

Gideon crawled up to her Mate for a quick kiss, but he held her against him. He hadn't given her a proper kiss all day and wasn't going to let her go so easily. She slowly broke the kiss and gave him a brief nuzzle and looked at him.

"I need to call Rei."

She moved to her suitcase and dressed in her pj's for the evening, her back to her Mate.  He saw her massive back tattoo once again. Once she was dressed she went to the bag she'd placed in the chair and grabbed her laptop and tablet. Dialing Rei's number, she placed the items on the chair next to her side of the bed.

"Gigi!!"

"Rei! Honey, Kenji told me everything. I'm so sorry."

"I can't believe she'd do something like that!"

"I know, neither can we. Look, Kenji is on his way to help you guys. I want you to stay at my place, in fact if you want it, the apartment is yours."

"OH MY GOD GIGI, SERIOUSLY!!!"

"Yes Rei, I'm serious. The next two months are paid for and you don't have to pay me back, save the money to get what you need. I'll transfer the lease over to you when I get back on Wednesday."

"What about you? Where will you stay?"

"Don't worry, I have a place. I'm moving my stuff over to it when I get back that afternoon."

"Oh my God! I love you Gigi!! Thank you so much!!"

"Of course, you're my best friend. Look I need to go, Kenji will be there in a bit. He'll help you and your brother move your stuff over tonight. He has the keys to the apartment. Just box my stuff up and set it by the door. Talk to you soon."

"Okay...this is soo awesome! Bye Gigi!!"

"Bye Rei."

Gideon hung up the phone and crawled into bed next to her Mate. She faced him as she snuggled up and nuzzled him. He sat his laptop off to the side and nuzzled her also, his hand gently rubbing her back. He lifted her face to look into those grey eyes. 

"Everything okay Gi?"

"Yeah...you probably heard everything."

"Yeah, I got an email from HR about Keiko walking out. They'll deal with it."

She turned back around and rested her head on his shoulder.

"So does Kenji know we're officially Mates now?"

"No. He knows your my Mate and that I'm moving in with you, that's all. I'm sure when he sees me, he'll know that we mated. I'm not hiding my eyes."

"Good, I don't want you to hide them, or hide the fact that we're Mates."

"Toru..."

"Gi...I'm not ashamed to have you as my Mate. I have no intention of hiding it at work either. The senior members already know."

Gideon just gave him a look and another deep kiss. She so loved being his Mate. A part of her was looking forward to the week they would spend alone but a part of her was frightened. She had held back when they mated previously, the next time he mated her, she wouldn't. What Sanada didn't know is that to properly claim a Prime as your mate, they had to be marked on both sides of the neck.

"Hey Toru..."

"What's up babe? Come here. You've seemed worried and preoccupied with stuff all day."

Sanada rested his back as he pulled his mate over, her back resting against his chest, he kissed her neck. She let out a deep sigh.

"I need to talk to you about mating me again."

"Ok?"

She shifted against him to get comfortable, her hands caressing his forearms. 

"So I've never fully released my scent, at least not to where it needs to be to mate you correctly. When you fully mate me, you'll mark me on both sides of my neck."

"Then why didn't we do it that way the first time or when I was in rut."

"Because it's going to hurt like a bitch! Plus we're in a hotel room, I will need to stay in the bed for a few days. Besides, you were just in a 'mini rut' and..." her voice trailed off.

"What baby? Come on, talk to me."

"I'm - part of me is afraid of you Toru." The Omega sat up and turned to face her Alpha. Confusion was all over his face.

"What?"

"I said I'm afraid of you. Once I let my scent loose like that, you'll..." he saw his Mate begin to shake. He sat up and moved closer to her, his hand rubbing her back.

"There's a chance that you could go Primal..."

Sanada just stared at her, not because he didn't believe her, but because he was in shock.

"Are you serious, Gideon?"

"Yeah... it's another reason I've been so reluctant to have a Mate. The Elder told me about it. She said it's not a certainty, but there's a chance that it could happen. How badly you hurt me when you're in that state, she didn't say. She said it depended on the Alpha and how much control they had over their wolf."

"Shit..."

Sanada sat back, looking at his Omega. She suddenly looked small and vulnerable. He couldn't imagine hurting her like that. He shook his head to get the thought out of his mind.

"Look me at Gideon."

She looked up at him. He could see the worry in her eyes. Bringing their foreheads together, he placed his hand on her back again.

"I won't let that happen baby, understand?"

She whimpered lightly before shaking her head. The Omega knew from when he rutted her the other day; he had been forceful with her and it wasn't even a full rut. Him going Primal was a very strong possibility. If he did, not even she would be strong enough to fight him off. Fighting him would only make things worse, worse to the point that if he lost all control, he could kill her. It was a risk every Prime took when having a True Alpha as a Mate. She would have to endure it until he knotted her, only then would his Primal state dissipate and the Alpha regain control and return to his senses.

He pulled her onto him and held her for the rest of the night, gently rubbing her back to soothe her. She eventually fell asleep after an hour. Sanada laid there thinking about what his Mate had just told him. He'd only heard of a True Alpha going Primal once. He'd injured his mate so badly that when they recovered, they rejected him. He later killed himself because of the rejection.

Rolling over with his Omega asleep in his arms, he finally closed his eyes for the night.