42 - Finally Home

Inside the car Gideon had calmed down considerably, but now wanted nothing more than to sleep. They still had to carry everything in and unpack. Sanada also wanted to put the sheets from the hotel on the bed. He wanted her first night in her new home to be a peaceful one. As they held hands, Gideon enjoyed the quietness of the car.

"Hey Gi?"

"Hm?" She looked over at her Mate.

"Are you sure you're going to be ok with going back to work tomorrow? You didn't do good at all at the airport."

"I know, I'll just keep my door closed, there's a lot for me to work on so I'll be fine. Right now I just want to go home."

He kissed her hand. She received a link from her little brother.

{Hey sis! There was a slight delay, I'm on the plane to the States!}

{Ok. Did you get stuff to munch on?}

{Yeah, thank you again for the spending money!}

{No problem!}

She let out a soft chuckle. The idea of having younger brothers still hadn't sunk in yet. Plus, she was amazed at how well they hit it off.

"What's up babe."

"Oh nothing, Trevor just let me know he finally boarded the plane."

"Ah, did he get snacks for the trip home?"

"Yeah, he said thanks again for everything. I just hope his dad picks him up when he gets home and not his mom."

They finally reached Sanada's apartment. It was late so Gideon didn't pay much attention to anything. The building wasn't very tall and she was glad; she didn't want to be very high up. His apartment was on the 8th floor and faced south. She just wanted to get inside and rest. Having parked, they went to the back of the car. Gideon consolidated the two boxes down to one. The bag of clothes she shoved in her suitcase. She only wanted to make one trip and they did just that.

When they got to his door, the Omega was smiling again. Sanada turned to her and kissed her tenderly. Opening the door, his mate had only one word.

"Finally!"

"Welcome home baby."

She walked in but stopped. She was quietly looking around, taking it all in. Even though it was dark her eyes quickly adjusted. Sanada walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist after setting their luggage off to the side. She turned and placed her arms around his neck for another kiss, this time ending it in a hug.

"Thank you..."

"Thank you baby. Come on, you need to get some rest, you had a rough day."

The Alpha led his Mate to her new bedroom. The bed was a comfortable size. The atmosphere was warm and loving. Sanada scooped her up and gently placed her in the bed. Hovering over her for a long and passionate kiss. He finally pulled away, only to nuzzle into her neck. One more brief kiss and he was up.

"Let's get the sheets on from the hotel then get some sleep."

"Mn!"

Gideon went to the front area, got her suitcase and made it back to the bedroom. As she pulled out the sheets, Sanada removed the ones that were already on the bed. Gideon saw that he didn't have a mattress cover.

"Uhh, we're going to need a mattress cover hon." The tips of her ears were a bright red.

"Don't worry babe, we'll go shopping before this weekend."