11 - Ride Home*

The weather had gotten a little chilly while they sat inside the restaurant and talked.  Walking to the car, Gideon wrapped her arms around herself to keep her warmth close.  Sanada noticed and placed his suit jacket around her before she could say anything.  

"Oh no, I'm fine Mr. Sanada!"  She went to take it off, but he stopped her.  Again she knew there was no point in arguing so she just kept it on. "Thank you sir."  

"You know Gideon, you don't have to be so formal all the time."   She didn't respond to him.  

Arriving at the car the driver again held the door for them as she entered first.  She carefully removed his suit jacket and handed it to him.  The driver got in and and turned for directions, Gideon provided them and off they went.  The ride to her place was fairly quiet and they arrived rather quickly.  The car pulled up to the outside of the building as Mr. Sanada exited for her to get out.   She bowed and thanked him for taking her home. 

"Oh, Ms. Okada?"

"Yes, Sir?"

"Wear jeans tomorrow, I'm taking you on a motorcycle ride to the various properties."

"Understood, thank you again.  Have a good evening Sir."  Gideon bowed again and walked inside her building. Gideon couldn't reach her apartment fast enough.  She had to talk to Kenji, stat!  Once inside, she called him.

"Gigi!"

"Kenji? are you at home?"

"No, I'm just leaving work, where are you?"

"Home, you have got to stop by here!"

"Ohhhh, I'm on my way!"

Gideon changed out of her dress and into her pj's and went to the kitchen to make popcorn.  She tidied up and set clothes out for tomorrow.  With the popcorn finished, she placed it into a large bowl just as Kenji knocked on the door.  She dashed over to it swinging it open and startling her friend in the process.

"Get in here!"  Gideon grabbed his hand and pulled him into the apartment so fast he stumbled and almost fell against her.  She dragged him into the bedroom where they both plopped onto the bed.  Setting the bowl of popcorn in between them, she couldn't help but munch on it.

"What the hell happened today?  Everyone is talking about you two!"

"What?  Talking about us?  There is no us to talk about."

"What happened to you, you never came back from lunch!"  

"Well, oh God Kenji...I'm really trying to not to fall for Sanada but he's making it sooo hard!"

"Shit Gi!  What happened?"

"Ok, what I tell you does not leave this apartment, understand?"

"Promise.  But first, what the fuck was up with the press conference?  That was total bullshit, Aya shouldn't have done that to you!  Everyone was watching it on their computers."

"Oh god, I don't even want to talk about that.  I don't think Sanada was happy about it."

"Well, you owned it like a boss so..."

"So remember when he called me into his office?"

"Yeah, we all thought you were getting fired!"

"No, he called me out on the date thing!"

"No shit!!"

"I know!  When I called you, I had just walked in the door!"

"You were gone that long?!"