Arc 1: Chapter Three

I don't know what to say to you
There's nothing I can do to reset your point of view

School was now in full session as everyone was back for semester two.

"Only five more months until we're out of this junk yard!" Diane says, following Elizabeth as they walked to get their schedules.

"You should focus on studying before you end up staying here," Elizabeth jokes.

"Haha, very funny. What classes do you have Ellie?" Diane asks changing the subject.

"Uhm...I have business math, chemistry, home economics, and I end my day with choir." Elizabeth says, showing her friend her paper.

"I have business math, biology, home economics, and choir...looks like we don't have first period together."

"It'll be okay, we'll manage...probably be better since we play entirely too much." Elizabeth smiles just as they near Elaine and her brother Harlequin, who they also called King. Elizabeth didn't really involve herself with anyone that was friends with Meliodas, but Diane and King were an exception since she was friends with them before they associated themselves with him.

"What classes do you guys have!" Diane states loudly as they nest them.

"I have business math, biology, home economics, and choir." King says. "Woo! We have the same classes!" Diane cheers. "What about you Elaine?" She asks.

"Business math, chemistry,  home economics, and choir."

"We have first period together." Elizabeth says, showing Elaine her schedule.

They talk a bit more before Meliodas and Ban pass by, checking schedules with Diane and King, Elaine however, keeps Elizabeth company and stops her from planning a murder.

"I have business math, chemistry, home economics, and choir." Elizabeth can hear Meliodas say, and she looks down in response. Elaine, overhearing too, pats her back sadly.

"You know what's funny, Elizabeth has those same-" but Diane stops as she realizes what she was about to say.

"You just had to sign up for the same classes as me?" Elizabeth asks him, crossing her arms.

"Who says I did? Maybe you copied me? And why the hell would I want classes with you."

"Whatever. I'll end up with higher grades and each and every class so don't forget it." Says Elizabeth just as the bell rings.

"Stop following me!" She says as she rushes off to class.

"I'm not following you my class is this way too!" Meliodas counters as the bicker some more.

"Let's walk behind them..." Elaine mumbles to Ban. "That's a good idea~"

************

Class went by like any normal day with Meliodas and Elizabeth being in the same classes. Both argued alot, bickered over who raised their hand first, bickered over whose explanation was correct when both were, and plenty of other useless things. Now they were in home economics where they were being assigned partners for their first project.

"Now class, you'll be doing a project on three things that most of you will eventually discover after high school. Marriage, Having a Child, and being pregnant with child. You'll be partnered with opposite sex and you can either do your project through giving information on the subject your choose, or by doing a demonstration. I'll now announce partners."

"Let's hope I get someone good..." Elizabeth mutters to Diane. "Same," she whispers back.

"Diane and King, Elaine and Ban, Meliodas and Elizabeth,  Samatha and-"

Elizabeth pouts. This can't be happening. She thinks.

She looks towards Diane, who was stifling a laugh.

"Uhm, excuse me!" Elizabeth raises her hand. The teacher calls on her and she walks over to her desk.

"I can't work with Meliodas. We hate eachother. I can't do anything with him!"

"I'm well aware of you guys hate for eachother, however, you both our the smartest in the whole school. You both excel, so I though it'd be best to pair you two together. A project with you both should be amazing. Not only that, it was both of you guys parents request for you two to be paired together."

They would do that. Elizabeth thinks before sighing and taking a seat.

"So, how'd it go?" Diane asks.

"You know exactly how it went," Elizabeth glares. "Awe, sorry Ellie, anyway, Meliodas is coming over, and I should probably talk to King about our project so bye!" Diane waves leaving.

"So you couldn't get us switched?" Meliodas asks.

"Nope. Apparently both of our parents want us working together," she answers. Meliodas curses before running his hands through his hair.

"Well I guess we have no choice." He answers. Taking this far better than Elizabeth.

"Wait...so you have no problem working with me?"

"I have tons of problems, but, we have to get the grade so its whatever. Let's just talk about our project." He says.

Elizabeth nods and they talk about their project, also deciding to work on it this Saturday.