Arc 3: Chapter Two

You've been up all night, so you don't wanna wait on me
I'm 'bouta catch my flight, so you don't gotta wait on me
No more, you don't wanna, you don't wanna
You don't wanna, you don't wanna, you don't wanna

Elizabeth breathes in, her hands roaming her neck.

Plenty of love bites were there from their last time together, but unlike their words, it wasn't their last time.

The morning after when they awoke was pretty awkward until Elizabeth suggested starting over.

She didn't exactly trust him...but she needed his healing...sex therapy is what Diane called it when she told her.

They were what you called...dating.

They occasionally went on dates, but most of the time it was sex...with protection this time. They weren't exactly ready for a little one, especially after what happened.

Elizabeth loved to blame herself. She blamed Meliodas, but if she hadn't of stopped crying and stressing herself out, their baby might've still been alive today.

Elizabeth stands up, going to take a shower.

Meliodas was supposed to be back by now, and she wouldn't find herself waiting on him like she did before.

This relationship...would be tougher. No more bullshit.

As soon as she finished taking a shower, he calls her as if on cue.

"I'm sorry, I should've been back by now." He apologises. "There was a concert tonight, that we flew out to last minute. I probably won't be back till last minute."

Elizabeth looks at the time, noticing it was already ten. "Okay," she says before hanging up.

It wasn't like she needed him here....

She could operate with or without him...

...it was just that his company seemed to soothe her, which was weird. Throughout all the bad he's seemed to put her through, he was soothing.

Elizabeth's ringtone interrupts her thoughts and she looks to see a call interupting her thoughts.

"Don't you have a concert, Diane?" Elizabeth questions, confused.

"Our manager, Meliodas's father, started doing concerts with just the boys sometimes, since most of our fans are girls. Me and Merlin are free tonight so we'll be coming over! I didn't exactly hear that much about your sex therapy!"

Elizabeth rolls her eyes. "Diane that's not what it is-"

"Whatever! I'll be bringing some wine! And hopefully I'll be able to snatch up Elaine aswell!" Diane says before hanging up.

Elizabeth groans, but exactly wanting to talk about what they had going in right now, but was sure that Diane was going to pry....and when she pries, she pries.

About thirty minutes later, they were all at her doorstep. (Technically Meliodas')

She let's them in, and they all have a seat on the couch.

"Now, now Ellie," Diane says, pouring them both a glass of wine. "Go ahead and tell us all about the sex therapy going on between you and Meliodas!"

"Don't pry like that Diane!" Elaine scolds her.

"It's fine...if I don't tell her now she'll show up uninvited."

"Anyway..." she begins. "It just kinda started. We were both hurt and vulnerable, and it was kinda our way of starting over...I still have my doubts of course."

"You should. Meliodas was completely in the wrong." Merlin agrees, sipping her wine.

"Don't out up with anything Ellie, show him whose boss!" Elaine says.

"Well personally..." Diane trails. "I feel like theres only one way to fix this."

Elizabeth looks at her. This could be good advice, but at the same time, she could be telling her something stupid.

"And that is?"

"You two need to have another baby!"

"What?" Elizabeth asks, confused as everyone else.

"You heard. That or fake like you're pregnang. If he storms off again, it should really be over. If he doesn't, it shows he's changed."

"That's stupid Diane. It's been four years. Of course he's changed." Merlin says.

"Merlin has a point Diane. Meliodas is an adult now...and usually adults want to have children by now. He isn't the same highschool boy as before..."

"That's true...which is why I've given him a chance." Elizabeth says, sipping her wine.

"Your plan is smart Diane, but I want to work this out without a baby. We both don't need one right now anyway."

"Diane just wants to see you twos babies." Merlin snickers, telling Diane whole plan.

"I can't believe you Merlin! Elizabeth wasn't supposed to know that!"

Merlin laughs at Diane, who was clearly drunk already.

"Well sorry to say Diane but there won't be any babies anytime soon." Elizabeth says, downing the rest of her drink.

"You sure? Because maybe this could be you guys redo-"

"Can we change the subject? Please?" Elizabeth, the unwanted memories of what happened that day coming back to her. 

Diane nods, feeling bad for pushing her.

Meliodas sighs. He hated these concerts. It was just a bunch of single, horny, girls who wanted to fangirl over them.

Being with Elizabeth now meant no more mistakes...especially since he still wasn't exactly forgiven yet. He would do anything she wanted, and he definitely wouldn't be caught with any females other than her.

The concert lasted two and a half hours, and wasn't finished till about one in the morning. 

"Hey captain, are you coming-"

"I need to head home!" he says, cutting King off. He didn't feel like partying tonight anyway.

"Don't you think we should go with him?" Ban asks his friend. "You're right...Diane and Elaine will get mad..." he trails before following.

The flight was three hours long, and it took Meliodas an extra hour to get to his own house.

He unlocks the door. It was five in the morning and he was sure Elizabeth was asleep. Knowing her she didn't go to sleep till at least three.

Meliodas takes off his shoes before heading to his bedroom to reveal Elizabeth sleeping on his bed.

A smile goes to his face as he looks at how peaceful she looks. 

Meliodas reluctantly moves a hand towards her face, moving a stray piece of hair. She stirs, but doesn't wake up.

"How..." he begins, sitting down on the bed.

"How was I able to be such an asshole to you?"

"I don't know," Elizabeth says, opening her eyes just a bit.

"You were awake?" he asks, a bit surprised. 

"I woke up when I heard you open the door..." she trails, looking up at him.

"Anyways..I hope you do better." she says.   

Meliodas nods, knowing she was referring to his previous question. 

"I will. I won't leave, never again."