Arc 1: Chapter Thirteen

Something about you makes me difficult
But that makes us even 'cause you're top of the charts
Egotistical, it's so typical
For me to fall for your kind
But, oh God, I wish you were mine

Elizabeth's eyes flutter open as sunlight fills her room. Her mind trails off to last nights events and a few tears fall from her eyes. She didn't want to go to school. She didn't want to go anywhere, and most importantly, she didn't want to be here.

She gets up and heads into the shower, stripping herself of her clothing. Once she does, she looks into the mirror, where she sees the true damage. Many scars and bruises, along with dried up blood.

Despite all the scrubbing she does, she still feels disgusting.

Once she's done she drys her hair before going towards her closet. She was about to grab a hoodie and a sweater when she remembered she had to keep her image up. It was bad enough people were talking already.

She grabs something a little more dressier which was a grey sweater and plaid grey skirt.

She then moves to her vanity

She then moves to her vanity. On her neck were plenty of hickeys, along with the bruises and scars. She grabs some foundation, dabbing that all over herself, including her face.

Once shes done making it look natural she grabs some grey converse, her backpack, phone, and car keys and heads off to school.

"Woah, who're you getting all fancy for? And you're wearing makeup!" Diane says happily. Elizabeth forces a smile. "Just wanted to look cute," she says.

"You're always pretty," Diane counters as they continue to walk to class.

They meet up with the rest of their friends that were in the cafeteria, some eating breakfast.

"Goodmorning Ellie," Meliodas speaks to her. A sincere smile arrives upon her face as she sits beside him. "Goodmorning Mel," she says laying her head on his shoulder.

She felt at ease around him, like he was the only drug to keep her sane.

He wraps his arms around her, pulling her onto his lap before kissing her lips. "God, do you guys know how to get a room?" Ban asks playfully.

Meliodas ignores his comment as the bell rings.

"Let's go out tonight," he says as they walk ahead of everyone else.

Elizabeth ponders on that idea before nodding. "Sure but where?" She questions.

"That's a suprise,"

"Everytime you don't tell me I either come dressed too casual or too fancy."

"Then dress...casual. but wear a skirt or dress since it's easier to take off." He says smirking. Elizabeth punches his shoulder playfully as they make it to their first period.

School went by normally and Elizabeth was able to focus a bit more with Meliodas beside her. Honestly she wished she could stay with him forever but she knew that was impossible.

"I'll see you at eight?" Meliodas asks.

Elizabeth nods, going to kiss his cheek when he moved his head. "Annoying," she mumbles about to walk away when he grabbed her wrist, kissing her better this time.

Too bad she didn't know that this was her last kiss from him.

This Arc ends in two chapters!!