Seventeen

"Let's go on a date,"

Jennie halts in her movements, hand gripping a knife steadily while the other held onto some peppers as she chopped some for dinner.

"For the third time - no, " Jennie groans before continue to cut some vegetable.

Jungkook sits on the counter, his arms crossed across his chest as he waited for her to say sike. But Jennie doesn't. In fact, her face remains blank and she continues doing what she's doing.

"Okay, " He nods again, " But why?"

"I...just can't,"

It was complicated. Jennie didn't want to leave you alone. She just wasn't ready for that, at all. She hasn't even heard from you all day and that alone brought out a few emotions, mostly being separation anxiety. As much as she wants to just get up leave. Jennie wanted to at least have a conversation with you and make sure you are stable before leaving you alone.

Especially with motherfucking Jimin.

She could feel in her gut, there was something off about him. And it's not just the way he acts. Yes, his an asshole but the way his mysterious...and always disappearing...

Jennie does not trust Park Jimin.

And she sure as hell doesn't trust him around you either.

"If you don't want to go on a date with me just say so, " He scoffed, Jungkook shakes his head and is already lifting himself off the counter.

Jennie closes her eyes and quickly gathers her thoughts.

"Wait, " She stops him, " Jungkook it's not that I don't want to...I just can't. There is just so much I have on it plate right now. With school, Y/n and work...I don't think I'm ready to be in a relationship right now."

"Y/n?"

"Yes, Y/n."

Jungkook suddenly becomes worried and he leans into Jennie cautiously, " Is she okay? You know - I am always going to be here for you guys if you need me."

Just like that, the kitchen falls silent. Jennie wasn't really as open with her emotions like you were and it was very hard for her to be vulnerable. But the way Jungkook has been hanging around not only her but the both of you - really puts something into perspective. She didn't want to burden anyone but it was all getting a bit too much for her.

She got upgraded to a higher and more difficult classes.

Putting more strain onto her academics.

And work, since it hasn't been so cold- the cafè wasn't busy, but winter is coming soon and it's going to be about time before it takes up her schedule.

Plus with her taking care of you and making sure that you are eating well, and is coping with being a normal zombie who is hated by humans.

It was all too much and there so much Jennie could take.

"She's been doing really well recently but even I can see it's a matter of time before she falls apart...i-I just want to make sure that she's okay before anything."

"With the news spewing all this horrible stuff about Zombies vs Humans. She's getting anxious about the future. Y/n thinks I can't see through her front but I can see right through her. What if I go on a date with you and she's having an anxiety attack and I'm not here for her? Then what?"

Jungkook watches as Jennie's hand shivers and tears fill her eyes. He wasted no time to wrap his arms around her and just like that. She falls apart. Jennie fisted his shirt desperately as his hand cups the back of her head, running his hand through her hair in comfort.

"I can fail at anything, " She sobs, " I just can't fail being her best friend."

The door opens and at that moment. You and Jimin walk in. Jennie pulls away from Jungkook, fanning her face - luckily she hasn't shown any signs to crying. You waltz into the kitchen, a small smile traveling to your face as you instantly aim for your best friend.

Jennie wraps her arms around you and Jungkook falls into comfort. Both of you had years of friendship - it wasn't a good idea to just try and separate the both of you.

"Good to see you out the house, " Jungkook snorts as he greets Jimin with a shoulder hug, Jimin pulls away from him, allowing himself to pull a fake smile and flash him the middle finger.

Jungkook laughs loudly and it causes your hug with Jennie to separate.

"I'm actually almost done making lunch, " Jennie states, " Do you guys want some?"

"I shared some of my food with Jimin on the way here but I'm still a bit hungry, " You confess.

"I have been sitting in this kitchen with you for at least 2 hours- please feed me, " Jungkook playfully groans before patting his stomach.

"Uh no thanks, " Jimin states, " I just came to make sure she got home good. I'm leaving."

"Where you going?"Jungkook asks him.

Jimin shrugs his shoulder before turning on the heel of his foot and walking out of the apartment. The door slams loudly and Jungkook nonchalantly walks towards the cupboard and taking out the plates. It's really odd how his been here a few times and yet he is so familiar with the place. Jennie blushes as Jungkook kisses her cheek before making his way towards the bathroom.

"Mmmm you and him seem to be doing well,"You tease, poking into her sides and it causes her to giggle.

"Yeah —he asked me out on a date,"She shrugs,"But enough about me. How was your day?"

Jennie pushes your plate towards you and you happily take it before opening the drawer and taking out a few forks.

"It was...weird," You say,"Jimin was following me around all day and get this,"

Jennie sits down on the chair next to you and pokes into her food.

"He wasn't an asshole,"

Your best friend claps dramatically before gasping and displaying a look of shock.

"Maybe he changed."