Forty Three

^*im at the Orthodontist rn while writing this absolutely DREADING getting these stupid things tightened

You pull the bag down the stairs, your hair in it's natural state as you wore Jimin's shirt alongside with some warm sweat pants

You pull the bag down the stairs, your hair in it's natural state as you wore Jimin's shirt alongside with some warm sweat pants. Jennie watches as you reach the door, Jungkook standing by her side with arms wrapped around her shoulders. She's barely ready for you to leave - you guys have never really been separated before and her separation anxiety was growing more and more as she watches Jimin grab your bag and nod her goodbye.

You give her a small smile, opening your arms slowly before she finds her way between them. Her arms wrap around you, Jennie tries not to make her grip tight.

But she epically fails.

"Please take care of yourself when you're there, " She whispers, her cheek resting against your shoulder as tears well in her eyes.

Jungkook and Jimin take a good glance at each other before looking back at the two of you. You and Jennie had a rare, unique and loving friendship. They way the both of you took care of each other was just so admirable.

You pull her away from your shoulder and instantly cup her face, allowing her fingers to wipe away the falling tear.

"Jennie, you're acting like I'm not coming back, " You smile, "I'll be back by Sunday, in one piece. Healthy, and happy. I promise."

"But I'm having anxiety right now about this. Are you sure you're ready for this? Is he even ready for this? He just got released from the hospital."

You nod your head and pull her into a hug one last time, " I'm sure."

Jungkook instantly pulls Jennie under his arm once you let her. She is going to end up crying and he knew. You raise a first bump to Jungkook and he lazily hits it before flicking your forehead.

"Just take care of my idiot, " Jungkook laughs lightly, "Maybe if you take care of him - I'll reconsider taking care of her."

Jennie elbows him and Jungkook topples over, " Baby, I was joking."

"Anyway, " Jennie snorts before rolling her eyes,"Just make sure you call me as soon as you arrive."

She kisses her forehead and pushes you out the door. You walk towards Jimin's rover, making yourself comfortable in his car and you prepare yourself for a very long road trip.

"Babe, what if I bruise?" Jungkook groans, raising his shirt to reveal his abs as he tries to analyse where Jennie hurt him.

She rolls her eyes, walking towards the kitchen. Jennie prepares herself to make popcorn. Not even noting how the man completely removed his shirt.

"Sounds like a you problem."

Jungkook tilts his head at her attitude, his tongue poking his inner cheek as she kneels down to pick up something from the floor. He steadily makes his way behind her, the grey sweatpants hanging loose on his body. Sculpting him in a way that he knew Jennie would finally cave in.

The two haven't really done anything together. Not yet, As much as Jungkook wanted for Jennie to initiate it - the make out sessions weren't really enough for the both of them anymore.

"You want to say that again." He says lowly, Jennie tenses , feeling Jungkook press himself against her.

She turns around, slowly, eyes avoiding his completely. But she takes note of his broad chest, eyes lingering down to abs before trailing down to his v-line. He was so lean - it was probably one of the sexiest things she has ever seen.

"I'm sorry," She whispers.

"I think it's a little too late for that."

~

"So what should I expect once we get there."

You glance out the window, watching the sun finally start to set after what seemed to be a few hours of driving. Jimin had mentioned something about it being an almost five hour drive if there wasn't any traffic.

"A grown ass woman with a nasty attitude."He grimaced,"Just by the way that grown ass woman is my mother. If I had a choice on what happens while your there, I would make sure the both of you never cross paths. Ever."

"How bad is it ... from a scale from one to ten."

"Five Million."

If you had to be honest, you were really nervous. You not only meeting his mother. But Jimin had also mentioned that you will also be meeting extended family. Aunts and Uncles, cousins. Jimin also made it clear to you that he hasn't spoken to anyone since he had left, he also hasn't spoken to his mother for a while so she doesn't actually know that he was coming.

Jimin doesn't really care. He was going to visit his Father's grave. That's the only thing he wants to do. The only reason his even staying was so that the rest of his family can see him - he knew that's what his Father would've wanted. One thing he had to admit he wasn't unsure about at the moment was bringing you to Busan.

He was scared that his mother will treat you poorly, but Jimin had to admit that if that woman even dares to do such to you...

That will be the last straw.

He will lose his shit.

"You know ," You start,"I'm really proud of you."

Proud of you.

Proud of me.

It has been so long since Jimin has ever heard someone say that to him. He feel his eyes begin to water at all the memories from his childhood flood his mind. The only person he can think about at that moment was his proud father.

He wouldn't be proud of me.

Jimin thinks to himself. If his father saw all the things he did in the shadows...Jimin knew the man would shake his head in disappointment. Not with pride.

"Yeah?"He whispers, Jimin stops at a streetlight, looking down to you. The sun casks his pale skin and all you can do is nod, "Why is that?"

You interlock your fingers with his closest hand, pulling his side of the hans towards your lips and you kiss it gently.

"Because you're trying. Your trying to change. Your trying to do better. And no matter how many times you think you mess up - you always end up trying."

"And for that - I will always be proud of you."