Forty Six

^* I've been thinking about this performance a lot

^*WHO HERE LISTENS TO CHASE ATLANTIC😭😭?????

The house was warm.

You couldn't really put your finger on why it felt so welcoming. Maybe it was the way his aunts spoke to you, the gentle smile marking their faces. Or it could be Jimin's cousins, who surrounded the table and chatted upon themselves happily. Something about the aroma in the atmosphere was also comforting as you smelt food that could make anyone drool.

Despite it feeling welcoming.

You didn't feel...welcomed.

Everyone can tell that Jimin was in a bad mood when asked questions he would nod or shake his head - or even give one-word answers. His mother pinched him under the table, glaring at him almost to watch his tongue. But Jimin's mind was racing so much that he almost didn't feel it.

Almost.

He would flinch every single time and it looked like you were the only one that noticed. The dinner table long and dramatic. Each seat was occupied and since Jimin was the main topic tonight - he sits at the head of the table. His mother sitting on his left as you happily sat on his right. She would look at you any chance she gets.

Which was all the time.

You can feel her eyeballs burning into your head, for a second you seemed to have believed if you looked her way, maybe she will look away. But she didn't. Her gaze was dark as she looked into your orbs, causing you to shudder and look away shyly.

She takes in your white hair, the unruly white, long curls that Jimin seemed to adore - she absolutely despised. She wondering why you would make your hair that color? It looked bold and inappropriate. Your skin...was pale - so the combo really didn't look good.

"So how long have you known Jimin?" A voice calls out, you hear the question directed to you while workers piled into the room to place plates of food in front of everyone as well as some wine.

You look at his aunt - who looked awfully a lot like Jimin - glance at you.

"January, " You reply, " I just moved to Seoul in December, we met at the Cafè I work at."

"Interesting, " His mother says, her fingers holding onto her butter knife as she cut her potatoes into smaller pieces, "Waitresses don't earn much."

Jimin leans back in his seat, not even bothering to touch his food before grabbing the bottle of wine and pouring for himself. If he was going to go through with this dinner - the man needed a drink. The wine wasn't that strong but it was better than nothing.

"Don't do that?" Jimin snaps, " She's in college - do you expect her to be earning six figures?"

"Well no, " She shrugs, " However - you've got a fat wallet. Just saying."

And your mood drops. Jimin warned you - he told you how this woman was and you were optimistic. You somewhat had hope that maybe she might've changed after being away from her son for so long. Jimin told you that him coming home was for him but now you really see what's going on.

This was some kind of trap for him to reunite with his family who he hasn't seen in years. His mother sat next to him - almost like she was happy that he was here.

Almost.

But you knew. You knew that she hated her son - her own child. And yet she was going to sit here and paint this image of a happy family when their family was nothing but happy. You place your hand on Jimin's, he glanced your way for a moment.

You weren't with Jimin for money - you've never thought that far. You never even knew he was well off until he was in the driveway earlier this evening. Both of you know why you're together, nobody else deserves an explanation. Let alone his mother.

He looks at you while you narrow your eyes at him and shake your head.

Jimin nods, his tongue pokes his inner cheek as he feels his patience running thin. His other hand brings the cup to lips as he quickly gulps down the wine. The alcohol causes the burning urge to build at his fingers, his trying to ignore the feeling. The need to break something.

The addicting tension rushed through his body and Jimin needs to go find relief somehow. Whenever Jimin had to deal with this emotion. He was far away from you - dealing with this demon all by himself before finding himself back into your embrace.

But now you were here, right next to him, in his home with his family. He couldn't just get up and leave - you would get upset and he knew that. But Jimin needed to do something.

Something to stop this intoxicating feeling.

He reaches for the bottle, everyone falls quiet, watching as he tilts his head back and placing the rim of the bottle to his lips. Your mouth falls open, shock covering your face, he removes his hand from yours and leans back into the chair.

You reach for the bottle, but Jimin just moves away - giving you a weird look.

"Jimin, no." You whisper, "This isn't rig-"

"Atleast she's not like you." He interrupts, "She works for her own money, but you can't relate."

And she laughs - but nothing was funny about this situation. She throws her napkin on the table, placing her elbows on the table before pushing her hair back and glares at Jimin.

"Your father would've been nothing without me, " She scoffed, " I'm the one who pushed him to work so that you could live your life in luxury. Suddenly, when you grow up - you think you're man enough to push him into bad decisions."

"I didn't push him to do anything?!" Jimin raised his voice, " You keep shoving your shit on to me and it's too fucking heavy. I only did what I did because it made Dad happy. You kept pressing him constantly to do things he didn't enjoy. I wasn't old enough to push him into bad decisions, I was old enough to make him happy."

He stands abruptly, " And may his soul rest in peace."

And you shudder.

~

Sorry I'm late?❤️