Comfort (Raven Branwen)

Raven had never been good at comforting others.

She stared at you carefully, curled up in the corner of her tent with a blanket wrapped around you, blankly staring at a book in your hand; your eyes hadn't moved in hours, telling her you certainly weren't reading it. She knew you'd been dealt a blow, but she hadn't realized how deeply it had affected you. She considered all the things she could say but realized how harsh they'd come off, and though she wouldn't normally care, she had a bit of a soft spot.

She loved you.

She approached after leaving you alone for another hour or so, with your favorite hot beverage in hand. She kneeled in front of you, taking the book from you and setting it off to the side, insisting on you holding the cup yourself. You seem to finally snap back to reality and manage to smile weakly at her, taking a sip (wincing at how hot it is before going back for more) before you feel ready to talk.

"I'm sorry for being like this."

"...Don't worry about that. Talk to me when you're ready."

"You're being weirdly understanding." You weren't unaware of your lover's cold nature, she wasn't exactly what you'd call the nurturing type. But she'd still shown you kindness when you didn't know she could and love when you thought you deserved it least. Raven also understands that the jab isn't meant offensively and that she did have the tendency to be rough around the edges or indirect with her feelings. After all that she'd been through at this point though... She'd learned that she doesn't have all the time she thinks she does, which means she had to use her time wisely.

"Don't mention it. I've still got a reputation to keep up."