Sleepy (Marrow Amin)

"Marrow, it's time to wake up..." Your quiet sleepy voiced floated in one ear and out the other. "Marrow!"

"...mmm, not yet. Still sleepy..."

This is how most mornings went.

Marrow was surprisingly energetic in the mornings, and once he was up he was awake and ready for the day, but it was getting him to open his eyes that presented the real problem. You're tired yourself but you know he'd simply sleep through his alarm if you weren't there to wake him up, and he had practically begged for you to be the one to help him out ever since he'd become part of the Ace Ops. He had to keep his reputation up with them which meant waking up early and appearing on time for their daily morning meeting.

"You're so close to being awake." You touseled his hair but that only made him more comfortable, leaning into your touch and letting out a groan of approval. You withdrew your hand and then pinched at his cheek; he grumbled in response before he turned onto his stomach, hoping to get away from your pinchy fingers. Instead, you eye a different part of him, tugging playfully at his tail and smirking in amusement as he yelped in surprise.

"Hey! That's- That's sensitive!"

There are a few more unintelligible grumbles that leave his mouth but you know that he's awake now and soon he joined you at the end of the bed, rubbing his eyes sleepily and desperate for the weekend to be upon him so he could sleep in. He leaned against you and you leaned back against him, a little comfort that let him know you also weren't thrilled about being awake so early.

You at least had morning misery solidarity as the two of you went about your routine.