Winter Writing Challenge Day 3: Decoration Jamboree (Yang Xiao Long)

"You spent how much on decorations?"

Yang ignores the incredulous look on your face as she carries in the three boxes of who knows what into your apartment, setting them down on the floor and already scouting out the room for where her new trinkets would be going. You had just gotten an apartment together, finally, and with the holiday season approaching she insisted that you had to bless the place with winter spirit.

"Hey, this would look good here, wouldn't it?"

"How many bunches of mistletoe did you get?" You shift through the contents of the box closest to you, getting Yang's attention; she quickly pulls that one away from you, replacing it with a more colorful one.

"That box is special. It has your Christmas present in it." She makes sure you didn't dig deep enough to find said present before shutting the box and pushing it further out of reach. "Plus, that mistletoe is all for our bedroom."

"Is that right?" You roll your eyes as your girlfriend grins at you, quickly returning to her work on completely turning your living room into a winter wonderland.

You have to guess you'd spent at least five hours with Yang, arguing over where the garland should hang, whether Zwei would attack the true due to the shiny tinsel hanging from it, if the house might prematurely burn down before the party due to all the candles present, and various other topics that include personal taste in decorations. In the end, the room was certainly brighter than it had been before, with green, red, and gold glitter everywhere the eye could see, and cute little snowmen lining the walls in various outfits.

"We did a great job, babe." Yang looks triumphant, arm wrapping around your shoulder. "We're totally gonna win the best decorated living room award."

"Oh, is that an official award? Who's giving us that?"

"I am. Now..." She gives you a sly look. "Why don't we start putting up that mistletoe?"