Stressed (Robyn Hill)

Robyn always looked worried.

Her eyebrows would be knitted together and a frown would be set on her face as she thought about problem after problem and how to properly take care of it; it didn't help that she had no help from the people who should give a damn but she had long since resigned herself to doing what she had to do to assure that help found its way to those desperately in need of it. She had always enjoyed helping people and now it was no different, especially when the people truly needed her more than ever. But this only added to the hulking weight on her shoulders, this weight that she couldn't let slow her down or others would suffer for it.

You tried not to bother her too often but there were times you knew she just needed a break.

You loved the way her eyes would soften when she looked at you, nodding her towards an unoccupied room or empty hallway so that the two of you could talk. You were busy yourself helping her fulfill her wishes but you were dedicated to making sure she didn't burn herself out; she held the brunt of the weight but you'd do what you could to help her.

Robyn could always tell when you wanted to kiss her. She'd have you pressed against the wall the minute you were within her reach, forehead pressed against yours in a sign of loving affection. It was almost too easy for her to get lost in your eyes and her closest advisors had teased her before about her obvious adoration of you but she hadn't thought it was anything that would cause her trouble. She liked the way your hand would trace her lips as you stared at them, sometimes licking your own in preparation, and as she did with most things, she made the first move.

Her kisses tended to be more aggressive during the times where she needed distraction the most, nipping at your bottom lip or pressing you harder against the surface you were pinned to. But she tried not to make it all about that, about her satisfaction, and always kissed you in the way she knew you liked. She would stroke your hair or cup your cheek and sometimes she'd even whisper 'I love you' in the brief moments she would pull away for some air before diving in for another round.

Her kisses were oddly intoxicating, you could hardly find it in you to let her go when it was time to get back to work, but you knew there'd always be more waiting for you.