Quality Time (Hazel Rainart)

"Oh- Damn."

You whipped your hand out of the oven, the cookie pan clattering back inside but thankfully not flinging your sweets all over the place. You stared at the new burn beginning to form and would have likely continued to stare at it, cursing yourself for being careless, if Hazel had not heard your cry of pain and immediately rushed to your side.

"Here, run it underwater." He led you to the sink, running the water and feeling that it wasn't too hot or too cold before he had you place your wound under it. "What happened there?"

Hazel's tone is playful but still caring, and you can't help but follow his orders, trusting in him to properly take care of you. You admit that you'd hit the side of the oven while taking the cookies out as you hadn't realized how close to the side the pan was, which led to your accident; you're sure to mention the cookies were unharmed but probably burning as he took care of you.

"I'll be right back."

Hazel is more successful in taking the cookies out of the oven, placing them on the counter and inspecting them for any serious burns. They seemed mostly okay, edible, just a bit crispy. He had taught you the fine art of cooking baked goods, and it had been how the two of you spent any free time he was allotted. He seemed to truly enjoy your company in the kitchen even if cooking wasn't your strongest skill.

"Did you save them?"

"They're just fine." The cookies are quickly discarded and placed to the side so that he can look at your burn, head nodding as he took it out from under the water. "I'll be right back to bandage you up."

You enjoyed the time spent with him no matter what the two of you were doing, but you couldn't deny you liked when he took care of you.