A Simple (?) Question (Qrow Branwen)

It had taken years and a lot of hassle for Qrow to finally admit his feelings for you, and even longer to actually be with you despite his unfortunate semblance. To try to bring having a family into the mix... well, the question was purely hypothetical considering the dreadful task that loomed over the two of you (along with the rest of the crew).

"Have you ever thought about it?"

He was on the brink of falling asleep after a long mission, but your voice causes all sleepiness to drift from his body. You'd just been talking about Taiyang and his kids, Qrow's nieces, so he knew exactly what your question was referring to. He's silently for another minute which has you wondering if he's just fallen asleep, but you can tell from how he's shifting uncomfortably next to you that he's still awake.

"I've... thought about it."

And that's as far as it went.

To potentially endanger you was one thing, but to hurt a baby? His own child? He had distanced himself from Ruby and Yang while they were younger for a reason, and even now he worried though they were far more capable of taking care of themselves as they grew older. He felt his semblance was too much of a risk, and even now you could feel him shrinking away from you, away from the depression that came with feeling like you're unloveable due to something you can't exactly control.

"You'd be a great dad if it ever happens." You didn't let him pull away from you, you didn't let him collapse his fears and pain inside without letting him know you heard him and that you understood where he was coming from. "You deserve that slice of happiness like everyone else, Qrow."

You wiggled closer to him, arms wrapping around his middle as you pressed your face into his back. You hear him chuckle, pulling away so that he could turn over to face you.

"Nothing ever gets by you, huh?"

"Not when it comes to you." You take advantage of the change of position to rest your head on his chest. "But you didn't answer the question. Would you want kids? Would you want a family with me?"

"With you? For sure. I don't know anyone else more capable of dealin' with me."

"You got that right."