True Blue Romance (Marrow Amin)

Marrow was clearly excited.

He refused to confide in you exactly what had him so worked up, but it had his tail wagging excitedly every time he spotted you (no matter how hard he tried to stop it, which only made it even more obvious he was attempting to hide something). He was generally dreadful at keeping secrets, especially from you, letting them all spill out when you cornered him, but he was putting great effort into avoiding that (the second hint that your suspicions of him being up to something was correct).

"Marrow, just tell me!" You'd managed to catch him off-guard, while he was distracted, and pushed him into one of the training rooms.

"You always tell me to be patient, but it looks like you're the one who needs that lesson." He smirked, but you quickly wiped that look from his face when you pinched his cheek playfully. "Hey!"

"Tell me what you're up to!"

Marrow's beginning to panic now and you can see his resolve breaking; his eyes keep darting to the door instead of looking into yours. He's biting his tongue as hard as he can because he'd worked hard to pull all sorts of favors to pull it off successfully without you knowing, he couldn't give up now just because you attempted to strong-arm him! Luckily for him, Clover enters the training room without noticing it's already occupied, and before he left-

"Sorry babe, I've, uh, gotta get back to work!"

You're left standing there with your mouth agape, watching as a desperate Marrow approached a confused Clover; the other man spotted you in the background and smiled in your direction, patting Marrow's shoulder before leading him from the room.

You pouted.

Despite not being 'friends' Clover sure helped your boyfriend out of a tough spot.

The rest of your day is spent either daydreaming or wondering about what Marrow could be up to. Your birthday wasn't close, nor was his, and your anniversary wasn't for another few months, so what could he be plotting? It was unlikely to be a proposal because you and Marrow had a serious talk about it before; he may be goofy for the most part, but he understood the dangerous times you were both living in currently. He wanted to marry you during a time when it was less likely for the Grimm to crash your celebration.

So what could it be?

You find out when you head to your room later that night.

The door to your room was slightly ajar, leaving you on edge and paranoid as you approached it as silently as you could. You peeked through the open gap and gasped as you spotted the rarest sight of all: Marrow in a suit! You saw him in his uniform daily but a full-blown suit like that? And in black? You could tell from the awkward position of his tail that he's mildly uncomfortable in the attire, so why was he willingly wearing it right now?

"Hey, Marrow?"

He jumped, clearly having not noticed your presence, nearly dropping the glass vase that was in his hand. Once he moved you could fully take in the set-up behind him, including a small yet fancy table with matching chairs on either side; the case, decked out with your favorite type of flowers, fit perfectly as a centerpiece.

"I, wow, I mean this is beautiful Marrow but... what's the occasion?"

"Well..." He seemed almost embarrassed despite having clearly gone to a lot of trouble to set up a romantic evening for the two of you. You still hadn't gotten over the suit. "It's our anniversary."

"No... it's not." You eyed him warily now, knowing the exact anniversary date because you used it as a password for many things. He shook his head at you, running his fingers through his hair as he rephrased what he wanted to say.

"Not from when I asked you out. From when we first met."

Marrow rubbed the back of his head sheepishly, cheeks turning dark as you continued to stare at him. To be fair, you could remember the first meeting with him very clearly as he'd made a fool of himself, stumbling over every word he said to you because he was so starstruck, but you hadn't committed the actual date to your memory. But he did...

"Why do you remember that?"

Marrow pulled a chair out for you which you gratefully accepted, pushing you in before he sat across the table from you.

"It was the day my life changed... a lot of things were going on and I was confused about... What I wanted and where I was going. But then I saw you." The look of adoration in his is so sincere you want to cry, and if it wasn't anyone else saying these words you would've brushed them off as corny and a ploy. But Marrow rarely lied to you about how he felt, and to hear that the mere moment of meeting to you struck him as important and life-changing enough to remember... Who gave him to the right to be so earnest and cute!

"Our first meeting, huh?"

"I just wanted to celebrate together while we can, anything we can. You'd been wanting a date night so I brought it to you."

"This is so... thoughtful!" If he was currently completely enamored with you, he would feel offended that you sounded so surprised at his thoughtfulness. "Food on the way?"

"As we speak."

"Well, come here then. I wanna show you my appreciation before it's here."