Welcome Home (James Ironwood)

You're pleased to see the flowers set out on the table the minute you're finally home.

You'd told him not to worry about you, that he couldn't take a day off of work as he was an important figure in the Atlas military, but you see he still did his best to show he was thinking of you. People were always surprised to hear how soft-hearted Ironwood was, especially when it came to you; he would prefer to keep it between the two of you as he didn't want you to be targeted just because he had made enemies, but those closest to him knew all too well how much he cared for you.

You're eager to see him, impatiently pacing around the house and wondering who would make the first move. He could act oddly cordial after you hadn't seen each other for a long time, as though he forgot how to act around you, before he quickly became his old self and pulled you into his arms. You're happy to find that he reacts immediately to seeing your face, almost taken off-guard as he wrapped you in his arms and practically lifted you off the ground as he squeezed you tightly.

"I see you still haven't shaved." Your tone is playful and he picks up on that, smiling gently at you and leaning down to brush the beard against your face.

"I thought you liked it."

"It's very soft." You lean in to press a kiss to his lips and worry you might not ever pull away, one kiss, two kiss, three kisses later you're still in his arms but moving now, pulling him towards the bedroom where you could get far more comfortable.

"Welcome home." He whispers against your skin. "Let me show you how much I missed you."