Card Games (Clover Ebi)

"I hate playing cards with you."

"And yet, you always accept," Clover chuckled at you, sending you a charming grin that sends shivers down your spine, "Is that also my luck?"

"No, that's my undying love for you making it impossible to turn you down."

"Sounds like luck to me." Clover dropped the remaining cards to the table and you followed suit, placing your elbow down and leaning on the palm of your hand as you watch him. He mirrored your movements and does the same thing, still smiling, probably still high off the seven wins in a row he'd just received.

"If you were lucky we'd be able to leave for a proper date."

Clover, as the leader of the Ace-Ops, was too important a figure to stray far from Ironwood in case an emergency happened and he was needed. He had enjoyed going into Atlas with you from time to time when things were better but now that the military was under such heavy scrutiny he didn't want to endanger you just by being in his presence. He was relatively confident he could keep you safe without much trouble but he couldn't account for anything that may happen when he wasn't around (and the likelihood of you becoming a target would be rather high if you were seen out with him too often).

So the two of you spent any free-time you had together, generally alone in one of your rooms or with some of the other Ace-Ops who also happened to be free. You didn't mind spending time with the lot of them but you greatly enjoyed having your boyfriend to yourself when you could; he had told you more than once that he felt the same, wanting nothing more than to have you all to himself so he could 'do whatever he wanted with you'. Clover had said such a thing to you today but had ended up bringing a deck of cards for some new strategy game he wanted to try out and thus here you were.

Playing and losing at cards.

You made the executive decision to end your losing streak, standing up from the table and circling to his side. He used his legs to scoot his chair away from the able before patting his lap, where you situated yourself sideways, arms wrapping around his neck while his hand rested on your waist to stop you from unceremoniously sliding onto the floor. His eyes were so striking you knew you'd get lost in them if you stayed in this position for too long...

"Anything else the winner'd like to do today?"

"...I can think of a few things."

This time he didn't have card games in mind.