Chapter 5

I finish grabbing everything I need. When I'm heading out the door, I remember the dinner with the skelebros. I should probably grab a dress for that. I teleport over to the clothing isle, where a multitude of dresses await me. I skim through, choosing a few potential ones. Past the dresses, there are some dress pants and jackets. I put the dresses back and head there. Again, I pick out some of my favourites, and try them on. One of them looks too edgy and spiky, the other one looks too.. Soft and revealing, and the last one is in a colour that I don't like. As I'm looking them over, an employee comes over to me.

"Miss, do you need anything?"

"Yes, actually. Do you have this jacket in black or (F/C)?" I gesture at the neon pink jacket. The shop lady nods briskly. She hurries over to a box, and pulls out two clothing items.

"Here is the jacket. It's in both black and (F/C). Here is a pale (F/C) shirt that goes wonderfully with the jacket. Is that all?" The jacket is perfect, and the overall look of it is astounding. The shirt is a pale (F/C) with a black heart in the middle of it.

"Yes, thank you." She hurries away to help someone else. I put the jacket and shirt, along with some black dress pants, into my shopping cart and teleport to the checkout. Once I'm done, I head back to my house. Swiftly, I put all the edibles into the kitchen, along with the utensils. I make my way to the bedroom to try on the outfit. When I do, I'm impressed. It actually looks decent on me! I finish putting away the other clothes I bought, and begin unpacking the T.V and gaming console I bought. I have lots of money, so I may as well make my place feel homey, even if I'll lose it in 2 months.

Once the T.V. and console are both working, I scroll through the menus. I come across a decent Mario game, and add it to my cart. I find a game called 'Minecraft' and add it as well. It seems to be multiplayer. Good thing I bought two controllers, I guess. Once I make some friends, we can play together. I find a game called 'Dauntless' and don't hesitate to add it as well. I check out, looking at my newly filled game library. I boot up Dauntless and start to play. Almost instatantly, I'm plummeted into a battle with a behemoth. It rolls, I dodge. It dodges, I hit it. I'm about to kill it when my doorbell rings. I pause the game, and make my way to the door.

"Hey (Y/N)." It's Sans. "I heard that you're.. Um.. Joining us for dinner. Just so you know, it starts at 6. So.. Seeya then, I guess." He's walking away. I decide that I may as well ask him about the restarts while he's here.

"Hey, Sans.. Come in. I want to talk to you." I try to make my voice sound at least somewhat friendly. I don't want to make him dislike me, even if I don't like him.

"Uh, sure!" He struts in, and pulls a ketchup packet from his pocket, squeezing it. I look at him quizingly. "Helps with stress," He says in response.

"Uh.. Ok. So, I actually want to ask you about the resets."

"Me, too." He replies. "How about we play 20 questions?"

"Sure."

"Can the questions be about.. Anything? Like, not only about the resets?"

"Um.. I guess. We can choose not to answer, though. Like, if the questions are too personal."

"Totally. So, um.. Do you want to start?"

"No, you can." I want to see what type of questions he asks me.

"Uh, ok.. So.. Does anyone else know about the restarts?"

"No. In the second restart, I told my parents, who laughed in my face. They didn't remember it in the third, though. I didn't really talk to that many other people. My turn." Since he's keeping it out of the personal zone, I decide to do the same. "What happened during the other resets that made you so paranoid?" I ask. He looks at the floor. "Too personal?"