Chapter 28

I wake up in a lab. I think. There's a dull ache in my arm, and I can hear the whirring of heavy machinery. My vision is blurry. I blink out some of the fog, making out a tiled floor. The door opens, taking me by surprise.

"H-Hello!" Alphys greets. She takes out the I.V. in my arm, disconnecting the machines. "W-We found you in a.. Coma o-or something. S-Sans was really disturbed by it for some r-reason. N-Not that we all weren't! H-He just s-seemed overly sad. But! N-Now that you're awake, I can run some tests, then you'll be good to go!"

"Ok.. Go ahead." I offer. The yellow dinosaur presses a machine to my forehead, pressing another to my chest. I wonder why Sans was.. No. I mentally reprimand myself. Don't think about him.. He doesn't care.

"R-Right! You should be good to go. If I-I find anything abnormal in your tests, I'll call you. Goodbye!" Alphys confirms. She rushes out of the room. I can hear her claws clicking against the hard, tiled floor.

"Bye.." I murmur, still in shock from all that's happened. How did I end up in a coma..? Was it because of the magic drainage from Gaster? Probably.. He did say 'See you in a week'. That's some pretty solid evidence.

I teleport back to my house, feeling unusually full of magic. I'm not hungry, and I'm not really sure what to do. I make my way to the washroom, splashing cold water on my face. How long has it been since I took a shower? I sniff my hoodie. Too long.

I open the shower door,  turning on the faucet. I step in, lathering my hair in shampoo. The warm water pelts my back in a somewhat relaxing way. I rinse off my hair, not bothering to wash my body. Shampoo rushes down my back, leaving white streaks. I apply conditioner.

While I'm waiting the advised two minutes, my thoughts wander. Food. Grillby's. Sans. Ace. I wonder how Ace dealt with Sans.. Suddenly, I find myself rooting for his destruction. I scoff. Wonder why. I rinse off the shampoo. My phone beeps.

You have: 99+ missed messages from Bonehead, Ace, Pirahna, and 2 others. I open my phone, my heart clenching as I type in the passcode. I really should change it. The first conversation to pop up is Sans. I ignore it, moving on to Ace.

Ace: DID U ACTUALLY DIE KDJSLFJSLD
Ace: Oh you did. Omg. U died. Im looking at ur body. In Alphys' lab, lol.
Ace: So.. UR IN A COMA NOW APPARENTLY? its like WHY!
Ace: Text me back once you undie yourself!!1!!! I smile at her texting style. I type up a quick reply.

Me: I undied myself. Did you want to hang out sometime? I move onto the next conversation. It's Undyne.

Pirahna: Ace told me she met you. That's pretty cool. That's it. Guess Undyne was sensible enough not to text me while I'm in a coma. I reply swiftly.

Me: Yeah! She seems pretty cool. And badass. Kinda like u ;p I send it, moving to the next conversation. CoolSkeleton95.

CoolSkeleton95: Hello. It is I, Papyrus. I heard that you had a misfortune. Undyne told me not to text you because you didn't respond, so I'll text you this now for you to read later. Sans is very sad because of you. He won't tell me what you did, but I think that it's best to apologise.
CoolSkeleton95: It has come to my attention that it was Sans who did the bad. I'm sorry for falsely accusing you. I will try to get you a well deserved apology. I smile at the sweet words.

Me: Thanks, but it's fine. If Sans doesn't want to, you don't have to make him. Thanks for the well wishes! I click send, moving to the final message. It's from a number I don't recognise.

Unknown: So.. I got this number off of a challenge. I've been feeling down, so my friend dared me to text a random number in the underground. He's got wayyy too much faith in humanity. Or monstermanity. Either works. So yeah. Feel free to not respond, if you want. If you do, however.. I'd appreciate it. Aw.. That's sweet. It says that the text was sent yesterday. I work on typing a reply.

Me: Sure! We could be text buddies. I'd be fine with that. Andd yeah. I'd say so, haha. What's got you down? I reply. I wait for a second, hoping that someone responds so I have an excuse not to read the.. Other conversation. I sit there for around 5 minutes, staring at my phone. No one answers. I sigh, opening the dreaded conversation. May as well get it over with.

Bonehead: I'm sorry that I said those things at the end. I freaked out a bit. I didn't mean them; You're a great person, and that's why we can't be friends. Because I don't want to contaminate your soul with my mess. So I'm sorry.
Bonehead: You're in a coma now.. I'll just use your text-things to tell you stuff for after you wake up. Might delete later, might not.
Bonehead: Okay.
Bonehead: Sooo..
Bonehead: I'm like 94% sure that I made you try to kill yourself or something. Because I know that you've done it before, and are probably super depressed. So you might not even get to read this. I'm so sorry. I just made things worse. I'm so sorry. Eh, close enough. I keep reading.

Bonehead: See, this is another reason why we can't be friends; I'll just hurt you. Hopefully, this one will be the last time. I can't keep letting you forgive me for everything.
Bonehead: No, that's no excuse.
Bonehead: I'm sorry. SOSOSOOSOSOSOSODAMNSORRY.
Bonehead: So I just got a visit from someone who I thought was dead, which is weird. They told me that you're SUPER pissed at me, which i dont know how they know but they're pretty sure, and I can't blame you. They also said a bunch of other stuff.. Me running from my problems, how I should try to say sorry for being an ASSHOLE, and yeah. They're all valid points.

Bonehead: So I visited again, and they said that I'm running from you because I'm scared of what you are to me.
Bonehead: And that's so true, it scares me.
Bonehead: Like, I don't want to get attached to you, and it's already too late. I am attached to you. You're my best friend, and you always will be, even if after this you don't want to be mine.

Bonehead: So.. You're still in the coma. It's been four days. If you died and didn't reset, I'm going to be SUPER pissed.
Bonehead: That's a lie. I don't have the right to be mad at you. But still.
Bonehead: Without you I feel braindead. If you were here, you'd find that funny. If I didn't screw up, you'd be laughing.
Bonehead: Alphys said you might not wake up. She's doing experiments on your soul to see if it's human enough to be used in the barrier.
Bonehead: Just so you know, if you wake up and still want to be friends, I'd love that. I don't want my SHITTY mistake to end the best thing to happen to me since like forty-something resets.

Bonehead: Day five. Alphys is losing hope. She can't test your soul that much, since it's developed a white glaze that won't let her. I think it's to protect the scars from view. My soul does that too, around people I don't trust.

Bonehead: Day six. You're not going to wake up. I'm so so sos ososososososo sorry. My friend won't tell me why you're like this, but he knows.
Bonehead: He said that he can't tell me why, but that you'll wake up tomorrow. If he's lying, I'll murder him. I don't care if I can't.

I reread the texts. I have a choice. The choice will effect a lot of things, so I had better choose wisely. (P.S. Author~Chan is lacking sleep and I'm sorry for this, but.. Yeah.)

A/N: So yeah. You can choose to forgive him or not to forgive him. It'll be a vote, and because of my sleep deprivation, I'm taking a break until at least one person votes. That should buy me at least a day's worth of sleep. Here's the vote.

YEASS!! (This route will have more fluff, what with them making up and all. Sorry if (Y/N) is displayed as way too forgiving, but.. It's your choice)

NUUUU (This route will have more drama, and (Y/N) will be more badass for a while. Sans will be being super sweet, and (Y/N) will take, like three chapters to be mad at him, then a big, floofy forgiveness scene. Sorry if (Y/N) is displayed as too cruel, but.. It's your choice!)

So.. Yeah, bye for a while. Btw, if the comment takes over two days, I'll be back. I'm not that mean; Just sleep deprived. If no comment, I'll do the badass route. Bye, I need some major slepp time. (Catchphrase in Progress)