Chapter 10

I awake to a face full of snow, with a skeletal face smirking above me.

"Heya, kid. Have a good nap?"

"I'm not a kid.." I mumble, punching his shoulder playfully. He summons a small, blue bone and pokes it through me, which tickles. I summon one as well, sticking it through his abdomen. He teleports behind me, trying to put snow into my hood. I teleport behind him, and do it to him before he can furthur decrease my body temperature.

"Hey, no fair!" Sans whines playfully. "You can't use my attack against me! It's unfair." I smirk at him.

"Aww, is Sansy sad because I outsmarted him?" Sans makes a face.

"C-C'mon, let's go to the lake. I'm getting cold." I raise an eyebrow.

"You do realize that the lake is the same temperature as this place, right?"

"No, not that lake. The one in Waterfall.. Well, it's not really a lake, but.. Just c'mon! It's cool!" Sans tries to persuade me, his teeth chattering.

"Tibia honest, I'm getting cold, too. Let's go to this.. Not lake thing." Sans chuckles at my bone pun, then grabs my hand and pulls me through time and space. It's a new experience for me, as I've never been teleported by someone else before. Instead of the usual (F/C) flames, my vision is surrounded with blue, with occasional flashes of yellow in my perpheral vision.

"Whoa.." I stumble forward onto indigo grass. "That was.. An experience." Sans chuckles sheepishly.

"Yeah, teleporting is different for everyone. For me, it's like that. For you, it's probably something different. And for Gaster, it's most likely contrasts with ours, as well."

"Gaster? Did he invent Gaster Blasters or something?" I ask, confused.

"Um.. Kind of." Sans scratches the back of his head. "Only monsters who were.. Really close to him have Gaster Blasters. They're kinda named after him because of that."

"Oh. Why don't I know who he is, then?"

"Uh.. You probably forgot or something." Sans says quickly. His posture and eye movements tell me that he's lying, but I decide not to confront him on it.

"Okay.." I say, trying to keep the suspicion out of my voice.

"Okay! Great! So.. Uh.. Just come with me, I'll show you the not-a-lake." Sans grabs my sleeve hastily, teleporting me to the edge of a cliff. I stumble forward, almost falling off. Sans steadys me, making us both fall onto the grass.

"Ok, that's definately attempted murder." I joke. "Like, seriously. I could sue you for this.

"Erm.. Yeah, sorry.." Sans' face is uncomfortably close to mine. I scooch away. putting more of a distance between the two of us. Sans gets up, and I follow.

"So.. Yeah, do you like it?" Sans gestures forward. My gaze follows, and I'm greeted with the sight of a rushing waterfall in the distance.

"Whoa.." The crystal clear liquid flows over indigo colored pebbles, cascading down to the lake below. If you focus, you can hear the sound of the water falling, gracefully hitting the water below. "Sans.. This is perfect!"

"Heh.. Glad you like it." We collectively move towards the edge of the cliff, dangling our feet. I don't enjoy the sensation, so I switch to sitting crosslegged.

"Yeah.." We sit for a bit, watching the waterfall. Once again, Sans' hand finds itself ontop of mine, and this time, I welcome it. We continue to sit in silence.

"So.. Um.." Sans says after a while. "D'you want to see more of Waterfall? Maybe I can introduce you to Undyne.. Though she might think that you're human." Oh, Undyne! The lady who tried to kill me!

"Uh.. We're already acquanted. I met her one of the first days.. I don't quite remember which."

"Did she.." Sans hesitates. "Try to take your soul?"

"Well, yeah, she did. I did a bit of teleporting magic and such, then she apologised for.. Almost killing me, I gue-" We're interrupted by my phone buzzing.

"Uh.. You'd better answer that." Sans says hastily.

"Yeah." I log on. Sans sees my number passcode and laughs.

"If I'm not mistaken, that spells 'Sans' in symbols."

"W-Well.. Yeah.." I say, red coating my cheeks. "What kind of conceited person knows their name in number symbols.." I retort, my cheeks gradually heating up. I look down on my phone.

Grillby: Can you start your shift? There are lots of monsters here, today.

"Ah, crap. Sans, I have to start work. Sorry for ending our hangout early."

"It's fine. You work at Grillby's right?"

"Yeah.. Why?" I ask, a hint of curiosity evident in my voice.

"I can tag along. Maybe I can get a drink.. After your work, of course. We can put your 'high alcohol tolerance' to the test." Sans winks.

"Maybe we can. C'mon, we've gotta get to Grillby's. I need to go work." I chuckle. "Here, how about you try teleporting through me?" I offer. "Then you can see what it's like."

"Sure. Why not." Sans shrugs, grasping my arm. I smirk, remembering how it felt. I teleport in front of Grillby's. Sans stumbles over the front step, tripping.

"A-Are you okay?" I say, almost laughing.

"Fine. I-I'm fine." Sans says, groaning as he stands up. "L-Let's.. Go in." We walk through the door. "God, that was weird," I hear him mutter.

"Hey, Grillbz." Sans calls, Grillby appearing from the 'Fire Exit'.

"Yes, Sans?" Grillby says, his flames rising and falling as he talks.

"I'll have a non-alcoholic ketchup. I'm saving my sobriety for a drinking contest with (Y/N)." Sans says. Grillby chuckles, his flames crackling.

"Sure. It'll be on the house." He walks away. "Not that he would pay, even if it wasn't.. That tab is piling up."

"Grillby! Should I start?"  Grillby nods in response, and resumes his post as bartender. I take my position at the piano, and face the crowd, a certain skeletal face standing out.

"Good evening, society!" I shout. "I'll be playing piano, because I want to! Ok! Let's go! I'm starting now!" I begin my songs, trying some disney pieces. From the look on their faces, I'm assuming that disney isn't a thing down here. Once I finish a few songs, I stand up, take a bow, and say a pun.

"What does Beetoven do once he's dead? Decompose!" The crowd ripples with laughter, and I sit back down.

Rinse and repeat, then my shift is finished. I make my way off of the stage, greeted almost immediately by Sans.

"Heya. D'you want to start the drinking contest?" He sloshes around a ketchup bottle. "I didn't want to ruin my sobriety to make your defeat seem a bit more dignified." I smirk. "I mean.. I don't wanna beat you drunk, that would just embarass you."

"I'd like to see you try. Grillby!" I shout, summoning the flame demon. "We'd like a drinking contest! It's on me!"

"I'd say that it's on the house, but in this case.. I'll just take off 50 percent." Grillby says, smiling.

"Well, (Y/N), let the games begin. May the odds be ever in your favour."

"Hunger Games?"

"Of course."

A/N: Heyy I'm done!! Here's a chapter, Im tired and going to bed now!!! So.. Bye!

And always remember.. 'Always say to a person having a heart attack, "Stop. You're not having a heart attack. You don't get heart attacks. It's all in your head." -Boyinaband.

SOOO BYEEE *Catchphrase in progress*