Chapter 32

Before long, the timer I set goes off. It's 5:30. I'm not drunk anymore, but Sans still seems slightly tipsy. I poke his shoulder.

"We've got to head out now. To the sleepover, remember?" I remind him. Sans groans, drunkenly shutting off the controller.

"I was just about to teach you how to fish!" He complains. I roll my eyes, grabbing his arm.

"Take us to Alphys'. I don't know where the house part of her lab is." I instructs. Sans obliges. We land multiple feet above the ground, crashing into the tiled floor. I hear a clicking nearing us. Alphys bends down, worried.

"A-Are you two ok? Y-You hurt?" She stutters. I smile reassuringly.

"All good. Thanks." I reply. A small child runs over to Alphys, looking at us curiously.

"Auntie Alphys, who are these people?" The child, who I assume is Frisk, tugs on Alphys' lab coat. I feel Sans flinch. We both stand up rapidly, positioning ourselves two inches apart. Sans' posture is unusually straight.

"T-These are (Y/N) and Sans. They'll be joining us for the sleepover." Alphys replies.

"Yay! That means pillow fighting! Auntie, can I be the fighter?" They tug on the lab coat again. Alphys nods, smiling. She jerks her head back up to look at us.

"O-Oh! Sorry I haven't introduced you. T-This is Frisk; One of my newest patients. A-As you can see, they're a human. B-But their soul is too weak to be used in the barrier. I've alerted Undyne about this, as to a-avoid any unnecessary injuries." Alphys stutters, grinning.

"Cool." Sans says, stiff.

"That's smoking hot." I joke. I extend a hand to Frisk, prepping something. They hesitantly take it. As soon as I make contact with them, I summon a small flame. It tickles their hands, making them jump backwards.

"Hmmph! What was that?" They look at me with suspicion.

"Something new I'm trying." I shrug. "To kiln time." Sans and I smirk collectively.

"C'mon. Puns are SO overrated." The kid groans. Sans' smile drops.

"If you don't like puns, I'm not sure we can be friends. Stove you'd better heat up your humour to my level." I joke, smiling. I summon a flame into my hand. "Or else I'll be forced to show you what else these flames can do." My gaze hardens. The kid stands up to me boldly. They're about my height, and look around my age. I don't know why, but seeing them.. I automatically dislike them. Maybe it's to do with the fact that they're Sans' ex..

"Try me, lady. I can take it!" They state boldly. I look at Alphys for permission, glancing at Sans. His smirk reappears. He gives me a quick thumbs up, trying to hide his smile.

"G-Go ahead. Just don't do any extreme damage." Alphys squeaks out. Frisk grins, pulling out a toy knife. I light up my hand and eye, prepping my attacks. Both of our souls are summoned.. I think back to what Sans said.. This kid wants to kill me!

"I won't be going easy on you, old lady!" They shout, charging me. I teleport swiftly out of their reach, the knife stabbing the wall where I last stood. I remember what Gaster taught me. I turn their soul a dark blue, a (F/C) aura surrounding it. I slam them into a wall, jutting bones out of it. I don't do enough damage to cause any irreversible damage, but enough to temporarily disable them. They direct their soul away from it, taking another swing at me. I dodge it with ease, prepping a few blasters. I shoot some randomly, creating a fenced-in area with the others. The kid's expression is one of terror. They run around the area, trying to dodge. Their soul catches the lasers a few times, creating a burn mark.