Chapter 40

A/N: OH MY GOD BISHES WE GOT TO CHAPTER 40!! Like, seriously, this book has first off helped me grow as both an author and a person. It's also given me something to do. Like, actually tho. Sorry to be depressing or whatever, but before this book, I had hit a dead point in my life. I didn't want to do anything, and I felt like there wasn't anything to do. Now, I have my Wattpad account, and all of my wonderful readers. So thank you for indirectly improving my life.

also sorry this took so long to come out i did two all nighters in a row because i couldn't sleep and i can't write well on zero energy so sorry bout that.

OK TIME TO QUIT BEING SAPPY 'CAUSE YOU ALL WANT TO ACTUALLY READ THE BOOK LIKE JEEZ AUTHOR~CHAN GIVE US THE STORY!!

I finish telling everyone about my endeavor with fighting Undyne, and I finish off by sharing the news that I've been accepted into the Royal Guard. Papyrus seems slightly discouraged at the fact that Asgore accepted me without any training, but he quickly pastes a smile onto his face, congratulating me with everyone else.

"Heh, great." Sans smirks. "Knowing Undyne, she probably just wanted a Snowdin sentry who doesn't slack off."

"Nah, I wouldn't make (Y/N) a sentry. She's just around for her one of a kind healing power. And, you know, her epic ability to kick ass." Undyne replies, grinning at me. I smirk at Sans, well aware that he possesses both of the things that've supposedly gotten me a high position in the Royal Guard. He returns my smirk with one of his own.

"WELL I, FOR ONE, AM RATHER EXCITED TO HAVE (Y/N) AS MY FUTURE CO-WORKER!" Papyrus states happily. I shoot him a grin.

"R-Right.. Congratulations, (Y/N). The ramen's ready, b-by the way, so.. Uh.. H-Here are some bowls. Help y-yourselves." Alphys stutters out, taking some ramen for herself. I smile at her, showing my appreciation. Sans and I both teleport the food over to ourselves, everyone else grabbing a bowl. I take a bite of the chicken flavoured noodles, twirling my chopsticks in my hand. I chew the food thoroughly before speaking.

"It's good. Thanks!" I nod at Alphys, trying to affirm the anxious dinosaur. Her eyes light up, and she takes a bit of ramen to avoid answering. Sans smirks, piling ketchup into his bowl. He grabs a bottle from his bag, chugging it. It's labeled, 'Non-Alcoholic', probably to avoid getting drunk at a sleepover.

"THE GREAT PAPYRUS, EXPERT OF NOODLES, DECREES THAT THIS DISH IS A TRUE DELICACY." Papyrus proclaims, holding his fork like a staff.

"T-Thanks.. So after this, I was thinking we could do truth or dare. (Y-Y/N), did you bring the cards?" Alphys questions. I teleport them from my bag, hovering them above the table before snatching them out of the air.

"Yep." I state, popping the 'p'. I messily shove the box in my pocket, the top sticking out unattractively. "I also brought some other board games for later."

"Heh. Oven you can't be entertained forever by just board games." Sans jokes. I get the pun immediately, chuckling. Papyrus rolls his eyes, Alphys and Undyne grinning appreciatively. Frisk's eyes widen as they get the joke, and they immediately erupt into forced laughter, leaning their head on Sans' shoulder. He shifts uncomfortably, making eye contact with me. Alphys smiles wider.

"Awe, Frans!" She squeals. Frisk smirks, as Sans and I look at her, speechless.

"Excuse me?" Sans asks, indignant.

"It's the ship name- Between you and Frisk." Alphys explains, slight excitement in her tone. "I mean, you and (Y/N) aren't happening, so why not give you more options?"

"Yeah, punk. I'd rather you date someone than just die alone." Undyne snorts, grinning. Sans shifts uncomfortably.

"..Right.. Well, I'm finished eating, meet you guys upstairs." Sans teleports up by our sleeping bags, leaving Frisk's head lolling midair. I quickly finish my ramen, smiling widely at Alphys.