Chapter 8

Sans' jacket has multiple ketchup stains on it, and I can smell the alcohol from here. I place my nutella and beer on the counter, trying not to make any noise. I don't want to wake him up.. He'll probably be irritated or something. 

"Hggh.." Sans mumbles in his sleep, rolling over. I teleport to my room, looking in the drawers. Grillby said that there are some extra things that the old house owner left behind. I check the bedside table. In the top drawer, there are some extra toothbrushes. The kind you get every time you go to the dentist. There is also some floss, along with a used toothpick. I incinerate the toothpick with a mini laser, leaving a scorch mark in the drawer. I hear a thud from the living room.

"Sans?" Quickly, I teleport to the living room to find a still sleeping Sans laying on the floor. I look at him, transfixed. Absentmindedly, I wonder why the fall didn't wake him up. Maybe he's too drunk or something. I try to use my magic to get him back onto the couch, which sadly fails. I guess I'm not experienced enough to lift heavy things. I try again, but to no avail. I sigh in irritation. I doubt I can lift him.. He seems like he weighs quite a bit.

I teleport back to the bedroom, hoping to find something to make the floor more comfortable. If all else fails, I guess I can just.. Use my clothes to make a mattress.  I rummage through the other drawer on the bedside table. There is a bottle of disinfectant that has a suspicious looking crust  surrounding the lid. Wrinkling my nose, I teleport it to the trash. Under it, there is a used blanket. It has a faded black background, with random patterns embroidered on it. I put it onto the bed, hoping to also find something to use as a mattress.

I continue to hunt through the drawer. It seems significantly deeper than the top one. There is a doll that vaguely resembles the shape of a dog. I push it aside, reaching deeper. I find a decently sized 'camping kit',  along with some mismatched woolen socks. 

Hesitantly, I unpack the camping kit, halfway expecting something to leap out at me. There's a dead flashlight, with some acid crusted batteries laying beside it. I teleport the batteries into the trash, setting the flashlight aside. I also find an inflatable mattress. It has a few grease stains, but it'll do. I pick up the mattress and blanket, and teleport back to the living room.

Sans has visibly shifted positions.. He moves around a lot in his sleep, I guess. I lay the blanket on top of him, looking for something to pump up the mattress. I remember that I picket up a bike pump from the general store, and go to retrieve it. 

I'm in the closet, looking around for where I put the mattress. Crap. I forgot it. Quickly, I teleport to the living room and back, bringing the mattress with me. I'm feeling a bit lightheaded due to all the teleporting. I pull the bike pump out of the closet, trying not to knock anything down. I pump up the mattress, trying not to make any noise. It takes around 10 minutes to achieve a decent looking mattress. 

Still lightheaded, I teleport the mattress and myself to the living room. The mattress lands in the kitchen, surprisingly silent. I groan, beginning to feel nauseous. Not wanting to use any more magic, I drag the mattress over to where Sans is, and pathetically attempt to heave him onto it. I only manage to roll him a bit, when he begins to move.

"No.. Not again.." He's mumbling, and I can only make out a few words. His face is contorted into one of distress. "Please.. Not him." Sans grasps the blanket, his finger bones wrapping around the delicate material.

"Sans? You good?" I rush to his side, looking at him worriedly. He continues to toss and turn. Suddenly, his eye lights up, engulfed in blue.

"Nggh.." Sans groans, dazed. He sits up, taking in his surroundings. "Where.. (Y/N)?!" I grin sheepishly.

"You.. Uh.. Were on my couch for some reason." 

"Oh.. I think I.. Might remember that.." Sans mumbles, avoiding eye contact. "Did I.. Sleeptalk?"

"Yeah, you could say that.."

"Hmm.. Interesting." A blue dust coats his cheekbones.

"Yeah.. You actually fell off of the couch."

"Heh.. I'm so good at sleeping, I could do it with my eyes closed." Sans forces a grin onto his face.

"Oh.. I get it." I force a chuckle. Sans' eyes bore into mine.

"Uh.. What exactly did I say.. In the sleep talking?"

"Something about, 'No.. Not again' and 'Please.. Not him.'" I say, trying to do a voice impression. Sans raises an eyebrow.

"Just so you know, you suck at doing my voice. Also.. Uh.. Can you maybe.. Not mention what I said to anyone else? I mean.. People already think that I'm depressed or something, so.." Sans trails off, looking at his feet.

"Yeah! I mean.. For sure." We sit in silence for a while. "Are you? Depressed, I mean?"

"I mean.." Sans continues to study his feet. "I should.. I should go. Sorry for wasting your time."

Before I can tell him that it's fine, he disappears into his signature blue flames. That discussion felt.. Awkward, to say the least. I'm personally worried for Sans' mental health.. Maybe I was too harsh on him. He might have a drinking problem.. Or BPD. I make up my mind to forgive him, and try to make him my friend.

But first, I really need some sleep.

A/N: I would make this longer, but (Y/N) is me right now. So.. Bye. Try not to die before I publish the next chapter. *Catchphrase in progress*