Chapter 43

"Welcome.. To MTT Restaurant!" The waiter states loudly, gesturing at the surrounding area. "You two must be Sans and (Y/N). Your friends made an online reservation." I glance at him. He seems to be a taller version of the smoking cat monster in the fast food area, the only notable difference being the uniform.

"Yeah, yeah.. 'Friends', heh.." Sans mutters spitefully.

"Anyways.. They booked you a special, private room normally reserved for special occasions. So.. Uh.. I'll take you there.." The waiter squirms nervously under Sans' irritated glare. He leads us through the restaurant to an area at the back, taking us through a nicely decorated door.

"Wonder how much they splurged on tryin' to get us together. This place seems fancy." Sans comments, gazing at the expensively framed artwork on the wall.

"Yes.. Well, I'll be back to take your orders in a bit. Get comfortable- I'm under strict orders not to let you leave until at least 2 hours pass." He remarks somewhat strictly, taking us to a table seated for two. We take a seat, a scowl still prominent on Sans' skeletal face.

"Thanks." I say, trying to be decently polite.

"No problem, miss." He grins, bowing slightly. "Well, anyways, I must be going. I'll be back in a bit. Your friends paid quite a bit to get your food delivered."

"Bet they did.." Sans mutters, scowling. The waiter clears his throat, bows, then strides out of the room.

"I'll be back in a bit." He calls, closing the door in a singular, swift motion.

"Right.." Sans mutters, leaning closer to me. "Do we humour him, or did you want to teleport to Grillby's?"

"Uh.. How about we chill here, then go to Grillby's after?" I suggest. "Seems like Ace and Undyne might take it out on the waiter dude if we waste their money." I mention, smirking slightly at the thought.

"Fine," Sans sighs, leaning back in his chair dramatically. I raise an eyebrow at his overly irritated nature.

"Why's this bothering you so much? Is the idea of being on a date with me that bad?" I ask, only half joking. He'd probably rather be with Frisk, right now.

"Nah, I just.." He pauses slightly, looking away. "I've got something that I need to do."

"Wouldn't Grillby's interfere with that, though?" I ask, somewhat offended by this fictional scenario I've built up in my head.

"Uh.. I've actually got something I need to plan out at Grillby's." Sans says, looking back at me. "May as well hang out with you, heh.. Better than this money-wasting craphole." He mutters.

"Yeah.. We should choose what to eat." I motion at the menus in the middle of the table. Sans grabs one, trying not to knock over the neatly placed vase of flowers on the table. A faint shout can be heard in the distance, followed by the echo of laughter.

"They're probably doing the comedy routine out there." Sans remarks, scrolling through the menu. "The dude sucks- He's some guy from Waterfall. All he does is make dirty jokes, and pretend to kill people. He also overuses the 'Weird flex, but ok' meme WAY too much." He rolls his eyes, smirking.

"Yeah.. Didn't you used to work here?" I ask, flipping through my own menu. There's just a bunch of combo meals used to fill the pages- Mixtures of steak, sandwiches, and steak sandwiches. The only drinks are the Starfaits, as well as various sodas.

"Still do. I've got a contract- They'll give me a thousand bucks if I complete 10 acts. The people here are so starved for entertainment, they'll resort to my puns for a laugh." Sans snorts halfheartedly.