Chapter 24

A/N: OMFG U GUYS THANKS SO MUCH!! I'm about to hit 1K reads, and I couldn't be happier. I'm, like, dying in the basement because I don't want my family to take me to the doctor. But yeah. Thanks a lot.

But, I have been sick for the last two days. I got myself some good old tonsilitis, and I nearly ripped my shoulder tendon. And, to top it all off, my social anxiety has decided to worsen. So yeah. Super sorry if I miss some uploading days, but i have a lot of doctors appointments to get to. ONTO THE STORY!!

I wake up in a dark, abyssmal area. The walls are black as pitch, and I feel slightly like I'm falling.

"Hello! Where the hell am I?" I cry into the darkness. As expected, no one replies. Without warning, the falling sensation ceases. I fall onto the cold ground, which looks no different from the rest of my obsidion prison.

"Welcome." A voice hisses. The language is difficult to understand, but I can barely make out the words. "My name is W.D. Gaster Serif. Welcome, (Y/N) (L/N)."

"How do you know my name?" My voice comes out in the same language Gaster speaks in.

"I have been watching you. I was the one who pushed you to come into the underground. It took all of my energy to project my voice into your head." Gaster spoke. "You are visiting me in your sleep. This is not a material place, but an alternate area, floating between timelines."

"You remember timelines?" I ask, slightly surprised. "And where the hell am I? Why did you bring me here?" I demand frantically. "And how am I talking like this?"

"I do not remember timelines, but I am aware of their existence. I know how to travel between them, and leave messages for my future self. Or at least I knew how to." Gaster adds darkly. "One of my travels went.. Incorrectly. I became stuck here.. In a place between timelines. I call it the Void. And you can talk like this because I taught you.. Or, genetically modified you to know how."

"How in God's name did you genetically modify me!" I demand, partially frightened.

"I am not your parent, but I am the cause of your birth. While I was creating Sans-" Gaster begins.

"You made Sans?" I ask.

"Yes. I raised him and Papyrus like my sons. As I was saying, while I was creating Sans, I had an.. Incorrect genome that I had created. It was perfect; Spotless, but it was the wrong gender. I had put too much time into creating it to throw it away. So, I began another experiment. Using the failed genome, I inserted it into a human's womb. Your mother. It turned into an egg, and I programmed it so that, when another egg was fertilized, the fetus would take its place, and fertilize itself. As to not raise suspicion. While Sans was being created, I watched your parents. I programmed your features to resemble them. But, once you were born, I lost the ability to program you. With it, I lost the ability to moniter you." Gaster takes a breath.

"So..?" I motion for him to continue.

"I was too busy with Sans and the creation of Papyrus to properly track you down. After a while, just about a month before I was trapped in the void, I began to attempt to locate you. Perhaps bring you into the underground. I was almost ready to summon you, when I became trapped in the void. I memorized the steps, and began to try to replicate the process. All of my attempts had failed.. Until recently. I was able to talk to you, and to summon you here in your sleep. I have given you the ability to come here in your dreams. Whenever you sleep, you will end up here. You can choose to leave, or you can choose to stay."

"So.. What do you want me to do here?" I ask, trying to process all the information I was given. My emotions feel strangely numbed.

"I wish to train you. To bring out the full potential of your powers. Then.. I wish to be brought back into the underground." Gaster requests.