Chapter 41

A/N: Before we start, I just want to clarify something. I specify (Y/N)'s age in this chapter. Now, I know this may be controversial or something, but I felt that it was better than just saying (Y/A) (Your age).

CAUSE Y'ALL KNOW THAT SOME OF YOU BE, LIKE, 11! I DON'T EXACTLY FEEL LIKE MAKING SANS A PEDOPHILE, THANKS!

Just.. Idk, change it in your brains if you'd like. For now, though, (Y/N)'s gonna be 18, but technically 20 'cause of the resets. Because I said that she was in high school and lives with her parents, soooo... Yea. Sans'll be 19, but technically 21.

I wake in the embrace of Sans' strong, skeletal arms. I yawn, trying not to wake him. Slight snores come from Sans, his body vibrating slightly with every one. That's when I realize; I'm not in my sleeping bag. I'm in Sans'.

I flinch, slightly unnerved by this new development. Sans shifts slightly, taking a deep breath in, exhaling slowly. How did I get in here? Did Sans..? I blush at the thought.

"(Y/N).." Sans mumbles, snuggling into my shoulder. He yawns, and his sockets shoot open. Sans flinches at my wide eyes staring back. I avert my gaze, blushing furiously.

"Hi.." I mumble, my voice almost inaudible.

"(Y/N)! I.. Uh.." Sans fidgits with the sleeping bag zipper desperately, trying to separate us.

"Um.." I reply, embarrassed. Without warning, the zipper snaps open, sending us quickly apart. Sans' hand grazes a.. Private area as he's yanked away from me.

"Fu- Fudge, uh.." A bright, blue dust covers Sans' cheeks, his eye sockets wide. I try not to let our eyes meet.

"So." I state simply, trying to keep my voice steady.

"(Y/N), I'm.. Uh, I know this looks like.. I'm not a pervert!" Sans rambles, his eye lights darting around the room.

"Sans, it's fine." I state, gazing at his panicked form. His eye lights dull slightly, and his blush lightens.

"Right.." He mutters, looking down.

"Did.. Did something happen?" I ask, the idea popping into my head. Maybe something reminded him of Frisk, like last time.. I blush at the memory of our heated makeout session.

"W-Well.." Sans looks down. "It's.. Just night terrors. I got.. Well, I got scared, and I was half asleep, and you were.. You were there." He finishes quietly. I put a hand on his shoulder, trying to force an empathetic expression onto my face.

"What were the night terrors about?" I ask, concerned. Sans focuses on the ground, reaching for my hand. I take his boney hand in mine, giving it a squeeze.

"They were.. Well, you were in them. A lot of them." Sans admits. "It's usually either the demon possessing or.. Or killing you." His voice cracks slightly. "In some of them, I.. I'm fighting the demon, and when it's about to kill me, you.. You jump in, and.." Sans sniffles, burying his face in my shoulder. I flinch, surprised by his abrupt action.

"It's.. I'm ok. The demon isn't in this reset, remember? You said it's only here in the Bad run, and after everyone goes to the surface." I soothe, humming comforting words into his ear.

"I'm.. Frisk's soul was black. The colour of corruption. Hate, greed.. It's only slightly better now, and it won't be better for long. I'm afraid that.. Maybe that corruption was the demon. That they.. They finally took over the kid's soul, and they'll take this all away from me." A blue, translucent tear runs down Sans' boney cheek, leaving a wet trail.

"Knowing.. Well, based off of what you've told me, Frisk doesn't seem like the type to give in easily." I smile warmly at him, hugging him.

"Thanks.. You're amazing." He murmurs back. "Literally. Snow joke." I playfully punch his shoulder, our hug separating. I yawn, leaning against his shoulder.