Chapter 11

Grillby comes back with some shots. Sans and I pick up 3 each, Sans downing the first one almost instantly.

"Slacking already, I see." He smirks. I roll my eyes, and drink 2 at once.

"You were saying?" I smirk back. Sans' grin widens, and he and I down the last one together.

"Hey, Grillbz!" Sans calls. "More shots!" Seeing as it hasn't even been 5 minutes, Grillby looks rather surprised.

"Sure.. If you say so." Grillby's flames crackle as he speaks. Soon, we're faced with a plate of exactly 20 shots, all different. Some look decent, some look repulsive, and some are in between. I notice a nutella cup next to some ketchup, with the ketchup one with my name on it and the nutella with Sans'.

"Nutella? Seriously?" Sans groans.

"Hey," I defend. "It's not that bad. Not as bad as ketchup, at least." The corner of Sans' mouth twitches.

"That's what you say now.. It's really good, y'know."

"Whatever you say." I reply, drinking one that tastes vaguely like rootbeer. "You should really get started." We devide the shots equally, 10 each, and the one I already drank. We make sure to give the nutella and ketchup to each other, despite us each wanting our own.

"Game on." Sans intantly pours 2 down his throat, me following suit. I taste a mixture of hot sauce and cream. Honestly, it's not that bad. Sans grimaces, looking sick.

"That.. Tasted like vomit." He shakes his head as I laugh.

"What, too much for you? You can always give up." I taunt.

"Never." Sans smirks, downing another. I do two at once, tasting very strong alcohol. The other one seems to be fairly tastless, but bitter. Maybe just a normal shot. I glance at the ketchup, deciding to save it for last. Sans turns to me, grinning.

"You had enough yet, kiddo? Just admit your defeat, and.. Well, that'll make my job a whole lot easier." I can hear a slur in his voice, and his breath smells vaguely like vomit and vodka.

"Same to you," I shoot. "You sound more drunk than me!" I look around, checking my drunkeness levels. I seem to still be sober-ish, which surprises me.

"Yeah, right." Sans downs another one, smiling. "You can't even walk, I bet." I drink two more, my hands shaking. I barely notice as they slide down my throat.

"Says the guy not done yet." I slur. I look down at my side of the shots; The only one remaining is the ketchup. Sans has 3 more to go, the nutella included. Sans quickly drinks two, the Nutella still present.

"On three?" Sans lifts the cup to his lips.

"One.." I do the same.

"Two.." Sans continues.

"Three." We both say, sounding like children. I quickly drink the ketchup, the thick, tomato flavour remaining in my mouth. It.. Doesn't taste too bad, but I blame that on the drunkeness.

"Ha, ha, jokes on you, it wasn't even that bad!" I slur, my surroundings blurring.

"You too, kid. I actually enjoyed it, so take that!" Sans stands up, drunkenly stumbling towards Grillby.

"Grillbz, my man.. Get us a drunk levels tester thingy." Sans slurs. Grillby looks amused. I wave at them, wanting to get their attention.

"It's called an alcohol tester, bonehead." I retort, not knowing whether or not I'm right. Sans stumbles back to the table, Grillby following him.

"Breathalizer, and here you go." Sans takes the alcohol tester, and tries it out. I smile stupidly, watching him.

".22. That's good! I got a high score!" Sans says, his eye flickering blue. I don't know how I'll beat him.. Alcohol testers only go up to .23, so I'll have to be REALLY good at this to get there. I take the test, and my result is .19. Sans jumps up, falling back into his seat almost immediately.

"I won! I won, Grillbz!" He shouts, beckoning the elemental. "I got .22, and she only got .19!"

"Well, actually she won." We both look at him, cocking our heads.

"But he got the higher score!"

"It's like golf. You want a low score in order to win." He says, as if talking to a child.

"Aw.. So I have to pay, then? Well, in that case, put it on my tab!" Sans says proudly. I silently hand Grillby 30 G, not wanting Sans to be any more in debt.

"Ok, (Y/N) let's go somewhere.. Do something.. I feel funner than usual!" Sans slurs, standing up at the last bit.

"No, I think you two should head home." Grillby responds, giving Sans a look.

"Fiiiiine. Here, (Y/N), grab on! let's go home!" I grab Sans' arm, waiting for him to teleport us home.. Do we live together? We must, since he's teleporting me, too.

"No, to your own homes." I can barely make out Grillby's voice, not understanding what he's saying. Sans shrugs, and teleports us in front of a house.

"C'mon in!" I stand up, wobbly on my feet. Unstable, I make my way inside, stumbling over the boot holder.

"Where's my room?" I slur. I don't remember where I sleep, but I blame that on the drunkeness.

"I.." Sans pauses, frowning. "I don't know! Hey, Paps! Where does (Y/N) sleep?" There's no reply. I look at Sans, uncertain. "Heh.. I guess he must be training at Undyne's. Here, I think you sleep with me! The guest bedroom isn't done up, so.. Yeah! I think I'm right!" Sans does a little happy dance.

"Okay. Where's your room?" I glance up. There are two rooms. One's door is orange, without much decoration. The other, however, has a bulletin board with orange sticky notes falling off of it. The door itself is stained dark blue, with the wood still showing in some places.

"It's that one." Sans points in between the two doors, his hand wobbly. "Here, I'll teleport us there!"

"Okay!!" I say, enthusiastically. Once again, I grasp the sleeve of his hoodie, feeling a gelatin like texture underneath. Sans teleports us in front of the blue stained door.

"Go on in! Put your stuff where you usually do- Grillbz said to go home, so I don't know what to do here. Sleep, maybe?" Sans suggests.

"Sure, why not?" I reply. 

"But.. There's only one bed!" Sans observes. "Let's just.. Share it. It seems big enough!" He gets in, laying on the bed provocatively. He jokingly wagged his finger back and forth, beckoning me. I roll my eyes, and get in on the other side. As soon as I touch the sheets, Sans falls asleep.

"Sans?" I say, knowing that it's useless. I sigh, and lay on my side. I'm not usually able to get to sleep unless I'm crying, or very sick. I toss and turn, accidently pressing my leg against Sans' bones. Unlike his hands, his legs are muscular-ish, which confuses me. I cuddle up next to Sans unintentionally, tucking my head on his warm shoulder.

Then, slowly, I drift off to sleep, comforted by the scent of stale ketchup.

A/N: Soo sry I didn't update yesterday, but we had to write a story. I'm in 6th grade, and people tell me I'm decent at writing, so I want to uphold that status. Sooo.. *Pulls out encyclopedia of important sounding words* I did this with my time.. Sorry about that. BTW TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT IN THE STORY I NEED FEEDBACK!

Reading another Undertale fanfiction fills you with D E T E R M I N A T I O N.

Save?

❤Yes      No (Catchphrase in progress)