Chapter 45

This is the real chapter: As in what actually happens instead of Sans and (Y/N) gettin' FRISKY. Also idk what that chapter was lol..

X leads me into the bar, his posture slightly cautious. He glances around, making eye contact with Grillby. The fire elemental flinches, panic momentarily evident in his fiery pupils.

"Um.. Hello, (Y/N). Who might this be?" Grillby greets us, his smile slightly forced. He glances backwards.

"This is X." I introduce, my voice slightly cautious. "He's a.. Friend.. Uh, Grillby, is everything okay?" I ask, slightly weirded out by the bartender's odd behavior.

"Yes, I'm alright." He assures, the tension in his voice still present.

"Hey." X introduces himself, shaking Grillby's had with a grin. I glance around, noticing the oddly empty bar.

"Business slow?" I ask hesitantly, still slightly wary.

"Um.. Yes, people don't generally start coming until 6." Grillby answers, shooting another look towards the 'fire exit'. He pulls out his phone, typing.

"Right, is the bar open?" X says, breaking the awkwardly silent atmosphere.

"Yes! Um.. What can I get for you?" Grillby offers, putting his phone away.

"Well, (Y/N) will have whatever she usually has, and I'll get a glass of something that looks like alcohol, but isn't. I wanna be sober to seduce some dudes." X smirks.

"So.. Just to clarify, do you want a burger and a beer?" Grillby asks, looking to me for confirmation.

"Yeah." I reply, peering at the back door. The doorknob twitches suspiciously before going dormant.

"Oh, she'll have two beers." X says, looking at his slightly polished nails. "She's had a rough day. Dealt with a very large anus, who was spewing out a lot of diarrhea." He sasses, smirking at me.

"Rhetorical." I correct, quickly glancing at Grillby. He chuckles in reply.

"Yes, I'm awa- I mean.. That's-" He slips up. A look of regret immediately plants itself onto his face.

"What?" I ask, surprised.

"Yes, uh.. The- Erm.." He stutters.

"Ooh! (Y/N)'s got herself a stalker!" X grins at me, glancing slightly in Grillby's direction.

"No, I have not been.. Following you, uh.. A quite distraught skeleton came in earlier, venting. He's sorry for being a, um.. 'Anus'." Grillby quotes, stuttering slightly at the swear.

"Oh, is he. Does he has a reason?" I ask, slightly irritated at the reminder.

"Well, he.. He had something planned, uh.. He was going to spend time with you elsewhere, so the circumstances irritated him, so he snapped." Grillby explains, glancing at the door again.

"Dude, for real though. Are you, like, hiding a hookup back there?" X sasses, eyeing the door. Grillby fights back a chuckle.

"Um.. No, he- I'm not." Grillby grins, smirking backwards. The doorknob twitches again.

"Yeah, right. 'He'.. Probably just don't want to be outed yet." X grins jokingly. Grillby's flames crackle slightly in amusement.

"So, uh.. Thanks, Grillby. Could we get our food?" I say, trying to end the conversation. The flame elemental nods, his gaze shifting to the bar. X turns to me.

"Still persuaded that he doesn't like you?" X asks, half serious. "'Cause we can cut the procedure now, if you want."

"Procedure?" I bark out a chord of sarcasm. "You make it sound like I'm getting plastic surgery or something."