Chapter 35

I wake up, head resting on a velvet pillow. X is shaking me, repeatedly calling my name. When I open my eyes, he jumps. The throb in my head has diminished to almost nothing, and I feel well rested.

"Omigod, (Y/N), you good? What was that- And the flames! That's, like, super hard!" X enthuses.

"Uh.. I'm not sure.. And what was that about flames?" I ask, partially confused.

"Well, these super cool cyan flames just, like, wrapped around your body, and your head stopped bleeding. It was, like, super cool." He explains. "O-Oh, uh.. It's also kinda, like.. 6. So I gotta go. You gonna be good?" X asks, glancing backwards. I nod.

"I'll be fine. Thanks for the tour!" I call.

"No problem! Text me!" X calls, sprinting out of the area that I'm in. I'm not sure, but I think that it's a library. I make a mental note to revisit it, but right now, I need to get ready for the da- Hangout with Sans. I teleport to my cottage, slipping on a black hoodie-dress, as well as grey leggings. I tie my hair up in a somewhat crude ponytail, not wanting to waste time with anything else. To my surprise, I look pretty great. The bags under my eyes are gone, and I feel more alive than usual.

I check the clock. Six fifteen. I sigh, twiddling my thumbs. Due to the lack of makeup that I need to put on, I'm finished far earlier than I was expecting. May as well just go to Grillby's early. Nothing else to do.

When I get there, I teleport perfectly on the ground. My eye is somewhat reluctant to extinguish itself, and I spend a good two minutes staring at the floor, trying to get my magic under control. I make a mental note to ask Gaster about this the next time the opportunity presents itself. Grillby looks at me as I walk through the door, grinning.

"(Y/N)." He greets.

"Grillby." I acknowledge. A smirk plants itself on his face, his orange flames flickering.

"You're on a date with Sans, I presume?" He notes, looking at me knowingly. I blush slightly, looking down.

"First off, it's not a date- He doesn't like me that way. Second, how do you even know that we're hanging out?"

"Being a bartender has its benefits. People spilling their hearts out to me. I'm surprised you don't consider it a date as well. Due to one of my more.. Frequent customers, I have recently come into contact with the news that you, (Y/N), have taken a liking to Sans." Grillby states smugly. Damn it, Ace. I'm about to retort when a flash of blue interrupts me.

"Heya." Sans states simply, taking a seat on the barstool next to me. "Uh.. So. We've got a lot to talk about, heh. Some very private things." Sans exagerrates the last sentence, sending Grillby a pointed glance. The elemental shrugs, strolling through the fire exit. "Thanks, Grillbz! We'll order later!" Sans shouts. He then turns to me, leaning into my ear. "I'm pretty sure he can still hear us. Wanna go to the corner booth?" Sans' hot breath tickles my ear.

"Sure." I reply. He grabs my arm, teleporting us into the booth. He staggers back, looking at his hands in awe. "What?" I ask.

"I'm not really sure.. Nothing important, I think." Sans mutters. "Uh.. So, about last night. I'm super sorry. It was completely my fault. I shouldn't have made a move like that. I already know that you forgive me, but I think that the apology deserves to be restated." Sans doesn't break eye contact with me while he speaks, his eye flickering once or twice.

"It's good. Why did you do it though?" I ask, slightly curious. I don't think that he likes me, so the reasoning isn't immediately evident.

"Uh.." Sans looks at the floor, blushing. "Hormones, I guess. I was around an attractive female after my heat, and I'm into attractive people." Sans shrugs. His sockets widen. He retreats into his hoodie. "U-Uh.." He stutters. That's when it hits me. Sans.. Just called me attractive. I smirk.