21

Time practically flew by and before I knew it, it was the 3rd of January. Mikey had called and invited all of the guys. They all swore to be there. As I waited in the backroom, I began to panic. I sat on the bench in the white dress. I had no one there to tell me it'd be okay. I was on the verge of a breakdown. I tried to breathe, but I felt like I forgot how. About that time, someone knocked on the door. It opened, and Patrick stepped inside.

"Hey, you're not getting cold feet, are you?" He asked, seeing the sudden sweat on my face. I shook my head. "You don't look so great... Are you okay?" I shrugged. "Well, just remember to breathe. All you have to do it get through the ceremony, and then, you'll have 4 days for your honeymoon. Hey, come here, "he said, pulling me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around him.

"What if something happens? What if he decides he doesn't love me? What if he isn't happy?" I asked, feeling the tears flow heavily. He sighed and held me.

"He loves you, Reese. He really does. In fact, he doesn't shut up about it. You guys are meant to be. Nothing will change that, "he said softly. I sniffled and looked at him.

"Do you really think so?" I asked, wiping away the tears.

"I know so, "he said soothingly. I smiled at him, and he helped me fix my makeup. Finally, he had to go get his seat, but Ray came to the door.

"Are you ready?" He asked, smiling at me. I nodded slowly, taking a deep breath. I followed him to the doors. He linked his arm through mine and we began to walk. The music played and I felt a little more at ease after I saw him standing at the altar. "You look stunning, by the way, "Ray said subtly. I smiled at him, and as we approached Mikey, he handed me over to him. He smiled at me and I felt my heart beat crazily.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the joining of Michael James Way and Reese Morgan Noriega, "the priest began. I smiled nervously at Mikey who gave me a reassuring smile. "Do you, Michael James Way, take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife? To have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do, "he said, smiling at me. The priest looked at me.

"Do you, Reese Morgan Noriega, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do, "I said quietly. Mikey put the ring on my finger, and I did the same for him.

"By the power invested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride, "the priest said, smiling at us. Mikey kissed me and the whole room went crazy.

"Are you ready to get out of here?" He whispered as we turned to face everyone. I nodded and he smiled. He led me through the people to the car which he put me in. He jumped in the driver's seat and drove away from the small church. As we were driving, he looked at me.

"That was crazy, "I muttered.

"Yeah, that's how things usually go. I figured you didn't want to go to the reception. Mom said she'd handle it so we can go get our stuff together, "he smiled.

"Get our stuff together for what?" I asked.

"For our honeymoon."